Payroll & Accounting Administrator
Nasco Staffing Solutions
We are the largest, full-service, event staffing company in North America. We offer qualified conference, event, promotional, food & beverage and production technical staff to Special Events. Nasco is the proud recipient of the 2016 Canadian Special Events Magazine Reader's Choice Award for Favourite Industry Supplier.
We are seeking a full time Payroll and Accounting Administrator to join our dynamic team that enjoys a diverse work environment. The successful candidate will report directly to the Controller.
We are located downtown Vancouver at Pender and Abbott, close to the Stadium SkyTrain Station.
Why join us?
- Positive and team-oriented environment
- Competitive pay which rewards performance
- Comprehensive benefits
- 70% of this position is processing full cycle processing of weekly payroll for 100-200 non-union part-time employees across Western Canada.
- Processing new hires, re-hires, and terminations.
- Organize and process up to 2500 T4's a year.
- Employee data maintenance including address changes.
- Set up and processing of garnishments.
- Preparation of internal and external weekly and monthly payroll reports.
- Provide direct assistance to all company employees by responding to employee and manager inquiries.
- Accounts payable invoicing approximately 20 invoices per month
- Process Credit card, EFT and cheque payments, prepare deposits and enter into system
- Monitor Accounts Receivable emails and follow up on collections
- Accounts Receivable data entry processing, 30-40 invoices a week depending on time of year.
- Other duties as required
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Review and fact-checking skills and accuracy in numerical calculations and documentation with a strong attention to detail
- Superior organization skills
- Strong communication skills, including reading and writing
- Solid working experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Experience with Sage 50 or similar accounting programs.
- Able to work independently, assess urgency and risks to make timely decisions
- Ability to work with highly confidential information and maintain the strictest confidentiality in all matters
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced weekly payroll environment.
- Possess a "can-do" approach to work with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Benefit administration knowledge an asset
- Payroll certification with Canadian Payroll Association an asset or enrollment
- Post-secondary education in accounting would be an asset
- Knowledge of Employment Standards in BC, Manitoba and Ontario
Salary: $48,000-55,000 annually depending on experience
Quote Job Reference: 777654
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Payroll and Benefits Assistant