Xemex Contracting Inc.
We are a well respected commercial contractor specializing in interior and exterior renovations. We have built long lasting relationships with our clients and we continue to expand by adding new products like our AL13 cladding division. We pride ourselves on our commitment to safety and continued involvement in the COR program through ACSA.
About the position:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of Human Resources including recruitment, employee onboarding, employee benefits, WCB, labour policy, as well as administering our Health & Safety program, including site inspections, annual audit, internal data management.
Key responsibilities of the position include but not limited to:
Health and Safety:
- Develop, monitor and administer overall safety program
- Conduct regular safety inspections of job sites, equipment, work practices, and safety devices to ensure compliance with required workplace safety standards, regulations and Xemex policies
- Ensure safety program is compliant with applicable provincial OH&S legislation
- Monitor sub-contractors to ensure they are in compliance with provincial OH&S legislation and Xemex Contracting health and safety policy
- Manage all WCB claims for injured or ill employees
- Prepare and coordinate the annual COR audit
- Through regular meetings or correspondence ensure employees are kept up to date on Health and Safety related topics and policies
- Maintain HSE files to ensure they are complete and up to date
- Act as backup for submitting payroll to our payroll service provider
- Miscellaneous office and administrative responsibilities as determined by Accounting Dept.
- Minimum 3 years Health & Safety
- Experience in general contracting/construction/property management would be an asset
- NCSO certification required
- Preference given to those with a post secondary certificate/diploma/degree in Human Resources
- Working knowledge of all federal and provincial labour codes and legislation
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office
- Must have own vehicle as travel to job sites will be required
- Competitive salary
- Health/dental benefits after 3-month probationary period
- Opportunities to grow via education and training
- Exciting opportunity to work for a growing company
- Flexible work schedule