Manager Fitness, Sports & Recreation
Canadian Forces Morale & Welfare Services
Who We Are:
CFMWS is committed to enhancing the morale and welfare of the military community, ultimately contributing to the operational readiness and effectiveness of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). We pride ourselves on being part of the Defence Team. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.cfmws.com.
Under the direction of the Personnel Support Programs (PSP) Manager, the Manger Fitness Sports and Recreation plans, organizes, and manages the operations and delivery of physical fitness, sports and recreation programs. He/she develops, implements, and monitors physical fitness, sports and recreation policies and directives. The Manager Fitness, Sports and Recreation manages budgets and contributes to the delivery of other Base services through strategic planning and leadership of the Fitness, Sports and Recreation staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Exercise Physiology, Exercise Sciences, Recreation, Leisure Studies, or a related field, AND some years of experience in physical fitness, sports and recreation administration or in a related field
College diploma or certificate in Sports Administration, Recreation Management, Leisure Services, or a related field, AND several years of experience in physical fitness sports and recreation administration or in a related field
Successful completion of the Principles of Healthy Child Development and Quest 2 certification, HIGH FIVE, by end of probation
Language requirement: English Essential
- Planning, managing, controlling and evaluating the operations and delivery of physical fitness, sports, recreation, aquatics and water safety programs
- Strategic business and financial planning
- Budget administration
- Project management
- Personnel administration
- Group facilitation, training and team building
- Marketing fitness, sports and recreation programs including the use of social media
- Managing facilities and arena operations
- Writing, interpreting and applying policies, procedures, regulations and applicable legislations
- Inventory control and loss prevention
- Collecting, analysing and reporting data for the purpose of program evaluations
- Preparing and conducting physical fitness training sessions
- Delivery of physical fitness evaluations
- Leading and instructing physical fitness training sessions
- Preparing and administrating tournaments and sporting events
- Officiating and coaching sporting events and/or athletic competitions
Benefits Available:: Competitive Benefits Defined Benefit Pension Plan & Savings plans (TFSA, RRSPs), Educational Assistance, Accessible facilities on base (i.e. Fitness facility, Swimming pool, etc), Canex Privileges
Salary: $65,550 - $77,130 per annum
Relocation: The successful candidate may be eligible for relocation benefits.
Security: Reliability Status
NPF employees must demonstrate the following shared competencies: client service, organizational knowledge, communication, innovation, teamwork and leadership.
Employment Equity: NPF is strongly committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. Therefore we promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily self-identify on their application if they are members of a designated group (i.e. a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a visible minority).
Start Date: 18 June 2018
Application Deadline: 23:59 hrs Pacific Time on 27 April 2018
Quote Job Reference: WAI-18-007
manager, fitness centre Verified This job posting has been provided directly by the employer through Job Bank’s employer job posting system.
Physical Literacy Specialty Coordinator
Day Camp Assistant Coordinator
Team Manager, National Women’s Sevens