Summer Jobs for Students
We are currently looking for PROACTIVE, and DYNAMIC College/University students to temporarily join our all-star team between the months of May - August 2018.
WHO WE ARE?
We’re a team of highly-creative, highly-determined and highly-successful industry leaders working together to expand our footprint in the areas of design, manufacturing and distribution of Lifestyle, Fashion, Decor, Giftware, Health, Wellness and Gourmet products.
For over 70 years, Giftcraft has been synonymous with quality, trendsetting designs, and best-in-class sales & service across North America.
Today we have a network of more than 25,000 independent, specialty and marque retailers throughout North America, and we proudly boast a growing number of award-winning exclusive brands under the Giftcraft umbrella including:
- Fashion: Charlie Paige™ and Yo Sox™
- Flavorful Gourmet Products: For Tea’s Sake and Hint Mint™
- Health & Wellness for the Body & Home: Earth Luxe™.
We take great pride in the culture we have established and beyond purely technical skills, we look for passion, innovation and creativity in every new hire. It is this ethos which has made Giftcraft a top employer, earning us numerous awards including one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and CANGIFT Large Supplier of the year.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
As part of our Warehouse Team you will perform a variety of functions that include but are not limited to: organizing stock and materials, picking and filling orders, packing and shipping orders, and retrieving stock with speed and accuracy, while being committed to maintaining a safe and a positive work environment.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Packing orders securely, coding with proper labelling and placing packages on conveyor belt (average weight 55 lb.)
- Picking/loading orders (average weight 5 – 20 lbs.) onto a cart (weight 80 lbs.), maneuvering cart through warehouse aisles.
- Moving between different locations within the warehouse to carefully fill bins, while avoiding damage to merchandise/items. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Verifying counts on order against physical count on belt prior to shipping.
- Checking orders for customer/shipping instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Solid work history that demonstrates reliability; warehouse work experience is a plus
- Ability to follow instructions & safety guidelines, working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work on your feet for 8 hour shifts and lift 20 - 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Basic computer skills and asset
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
Now Hiring Forklift Operators
Order Picker/Shipper- Warehouse General Labour
General Labour / Warehouse Associate
Full time afternoon general labour shift located in brampton!