The Boathouse Eatery
We are one of the largest, liveliest restaurants in Midland, Ontario. Located on the shores of Georgian Bay, it boasts the biggest patio in town with live entertainment 7 nights a week in the summer and droves of Snowmobilers and locals in the winter.
We are seeking a talented and hardworking individual for the position of Sushi Chef for the expansion of our upcoming Sushi Menu this summer!
- Create genuine, inspired and evolving culinary experiences through creative and trendy menu items and unique sushi bar experiences.
- Prepare station for service, complete mis en place and stock list.
- Prepare dishes during service in fast-paced and detail oriented environment.
- Prepare all assigned menu items in an efficient and consistent manner.
- Have extensive knowledge of cooking temperatures and general food safety regulations.
- Places the highest value and importance on cleanliness and organization in all aspects of the kitchen while ensuring kitchen and company standards are met at all times.
- Teaches and mentors culinary skills and proper techniques while training and supervising staff on all restaurant procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years Sushi experience.
- Displays a positive attitude and possesses an exceptional ability to provide the absolute best experience to our guests.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team.
- Remain professional and poised during peak service hours.
- Ability to remain organized at all times in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 3 Years experience Sushi experience.
- Relevant Sushi Education / Certification Papers
- The ability to recreate dishes following house recipes with house standards of taste, texture, temperature and presentation.
Target Date of Hire: May 2018
Wage: $18-$20 / Hour plus travel expenses.
Job Type: Full-Time Seasonal