B - Chronic Disease Nurse Educator (CDM011) ML
Saskatchewan Health Authority (former Prairie Nort
Meadow Lake, SK
Type: Permanent Part-Time
Expected Start Date: March 26, 2018
Hours of Work: In a 6 week rotation: 23 shifts of 8.00 hours
Salary or Pay Band: $39.230 to $48.920 (6 step range)
Number of Positions: 1
The Chronic Disease Nurse Educator integrates in-depth clinical expertise, experience and knowledge with the principles of teaching and learning, in the provision of chronic disease self-care management for clients, families, health professionals and students. This is a part-time position which takes the lead role in respiratory and stroke client education for Meadow Lake and area.
The Chronic Disease Nurse Educator also supports other chronic Disease Program areas including coverage for cardiac education and the Strides program.
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program or a Nursing Degree program.Current registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association in Saskatchewan.
- A valid driver’s license.Regular travel will be involved with this position.
- Must have obtained one or more of the following chronic Disease Management certifications prior to employment:
- Pulmonary Educator with national certification such as CAE (Certified Asthma Educator) or CRE (Certified Respiratory Educator) designation.Have written a national respiratory – Asthma & COPD – educator certification exam; or,
- CAN Certification in Cardiovascular Nursing (C) Canada or equivalent; or, if there are no qualified candidates, the Employer is willing to consider senior candidates who are willing to obtain the required qualifications within 18 months.
- Current CPR certification and registered basic life support.
- Requires a minimum of three years’ experience in the areas of diabetes, cardiovascular, stroke and pulmonary diseases.
- Demonstrated evidence of interpersonal communication skills for individual and group interaction.Evidence of skill in teaching patients/families and individually and in a group setting.
- Computer skills - familiarity with word, excel and power point.
This is a regional position currently based out of Meadow Lake.
Field Hours – evenings and weekends may be required.
Criminal Record Check Requirement – Prior to an offer of employment, applicants shall be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector query as a condition of employment.
Quote Job Reference: GO-00530634-1