Life Coach Support Specialist/Project Lead
Who we are: Job Skills offers employment solutions connecting the skills of job seekers with the needs of employers to create a more vibrant community.
What we need: A results-driven individual who:
- Leads engagement with key stakeholders –inspired by helping people achieve their employment goals and enjoys building relationships with the Employers and the Business community
- Has demonstrated experience in Communication, Building Trust, Information Monitoring, Managing Work, Planning and Organizing, Building Partnerships, Innovation, Coaching and Facilitating Change, as well as Technical and Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Has post-secondary education in Career and Work Counseling, Career Development Theory, Social Services and/or related education and relevant work experience
- Has demonstrated experience in coaching, needs assessment, taking a holistic approach to assist Clients in identifying alternative occupations and short and long term goals
- Proven project management skills with experience managing and implementing a pilot project and/or curriculum design
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and design career development workshops covering all aspects of the career development cycle from self-assessment, labour market Information to Job Search Workshop facilitation
- Will be able to assist Newcomer Clients in all of the employability dimensions
- Is knowledgeable of the Canadian labour market, Canadian workplace practices, job search strategies and techniques
- Has experience working with people from various cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- Has excellent planning and organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Must possess strong written English communication skills in order to edit technical resumes, cover letters and academic CV
- Will be responsible to ensure monthly / quarterly progress reports are prepared and shared in a timely manner. Ensure all pilot evaluation activities are undertaken in time and meet funder requirements
- Has well-developed leadership, interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills
- Has intermediate proficiency in MS Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Has knowledge of community agencies, services, resources and Employers within the community
What you will do: Support Job Skills’ Clients by:
- Utilizing assessment methods to determine Client needs and understand relevant background information, career goals, barriers to employment to assist Clients to develop job readiness skills and job search strategies and a return to work action plan
- Assessing need for additional assistance such as language/skills training, settlement support, accreditation assistance, mentoring, family support services, housing support, rehabilitation and making appropriate referrals to those supports as needed
- Motivating Clients by working collaboratively with the Program team, providing one-on-one counseling to achieve goals identified through the case management process and the Evaluation/Advisory Committee
- Supporting Clients on issues related to career planning, job searching and the ways and means of conducting an effective job search by coaching on effective job search strategies, improving resume writing, interview techniques and using networking, including social media
- Liaising with Centennial College, all Welcome Centre services and partner agencies, as well as Employment Ontario Employment Service providers and other social, employment and community agencies on mutual Clients, as needed to facilitate progress
- Promoting all Job Skills employment programs and services to develop employment opportunities for our Clients
What you will get: In addition to the satisfaction gained from helping people reach their goals, Job Skills offers a competitive salary and benefits package!
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please read on to learn more about Job Skills, how you can apply to this exciting position and become part of our growing team!
Job Skills is a forward thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new programs to help individuals achieve economic independence. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the economic and social viability of our community. We are ethical, Client-focused, performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our Staff, our community and our Clients.
As a Life Coach Support Specialist/Project Lead with the Newcomer Services and Programs Division, you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals. In this role, you will utilize your unique combination of skills and experience in counseling and networking to help Clients find and maintain meaningful employment.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace incorporates a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and Client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ Services and Programs. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
Quote Job Reference: M011907