Health Fitness Assistant
We have an exciting new opportunity for an on-call (number of hours based on demand) Health Fitness Assistant at our corporate client site.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and assisting in the delivery of health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Assists with the development and delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs and promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Assists in creating and maintaining bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing and communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or a related discipline OR HealthFitness recognized industry certifications in Group Exercise and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, or ACSM) and 2+ years of related industry experience is required.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certifications from Red Cross or St. John Ambulance is required.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
Quote Job Reference: 20180206