Director of Logistics
Westincor Limited Engineering Procurement Construction Ltd. is an innovative company, provider of engineering, procurement, construction management and architectural services management in energy, transportation, mining, oil and gas industries with branch offices located in Toronto, Dublin, Kiev and Moscow.
We plan, design and implement large industrial and commercial project solutions worldwide with commitment to helping our Clients achieve superior and sustained business results.
Due to continued corporate success and current on-going work on large scale overseas projects including in Ukraine and Georgia, and future expansion plans, we are eager to offer opportunities for bright, ambitious and talented professionals to continue a successful and challenging career with us.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Logistics, who in this leadership role will create and manage the operations of a logistics department of the company, and oversee Corporate Logistics, Distribution, and Third Party Warehousing.
- Developing the overall vision, strategy and objective for the logistics function and ensure effective execution of the strategy.
- Create and lead a high-performing team of logistics procurement, operations and trade compliance professionals with the appropriate skills, knowledge and bench strength to deliver value to the company.
- Identify outbound freight and coordinate delivery in a timely manner to ensure customer and company requirements are met.
- Manage freight costs and budgets, negotiating rates or services where needed or where established agreements do not exist.
- Lead cost improvement in support of achievement of spending reduction goals for Freight / Logistics.
- Launch and execute risk mitigation strategies for Transportation and Warehousing.
- Drive effective use of corporate-wide Transportation and Logistics (T&L) contracts to ensure ongoing leverage and lowest cost.
- Participate in development and implementation Platform T&L and Warehousing supplier performance metrics to assure business deliverables are achieved.
- Participate in transport service provider selection and qualification process, manage ongoing relationships and lead quarterly business reviews.
- Evaluate marketplace trends and provide price and budget guidance for targeted spend or transportation mode/warehousing categories.
- Monitor shipping import/export processes to ensure compliance with country’s regulatory and legal requirements.
- Optimize fleet and outbound network efficiencies through proper planning and execution ensuring a safe working environment.
- Manage the development of annual transportation budget and assess performance relative to standard cost performance based off of transportation rate and utilization metrics.
- Troubleshoot and proactively resolve shipment discrepancies.
- Provide proactive leadership for department employees communication with customers, associates and the management teams to ensure necessary logistic requirements are met.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting Behlen products or supplies to customer sites worldwide.
- Provide guidance in supervision technical details relating to domestic and international transportation, such as customs regulations, necessary documentation, state procurement policies for Ukraine, Georgia and select European countries.
- Lead team department meetings, drive cross-functional communication and provide decision making to ensure alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible and accountable for processes related to import and export shipments, management of relations with customs brokers and their dealings with company’s logistics matters.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in logistics operations, including, but not limited to shipping, transportation, customs, warehousing.
- Knowledge of state procurement policies of Ukraine, Georgia, European countries.
- Must have knowledge and expertise of national and international import/export regulations of Ukraine, Georgia, and ability to effectively resolve any issues that may arise in international freight transportation.
- Experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams.
- Ability to define, manage, and deliver logistics initiatives.
- Proven analytic capabilities, including financial and budgetary planning, analysis and reporting skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach to logistics with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Availability for frequent travels domestically and internationally.
- Knowledge of Russian and Ukrainian languages is an asset
- Salary: $ 98,000
regional vice-president - goods production, utilities, transportation and construction
Director, Outbound Transportation - Food Retailer
Summer Program Director
Director - Supply Chain