IT Operations Systems Administrator
The IT team is an eclectic band of highly skilled technology professionals who are very adept at keeping pace with the evolution of technology and system design. We strive to implement innovative technologies in our environment to allow our team to spend less time on daily operations or break/fixes and more time on system design and implementation. We believe that IT is a craft and elegant system architectures and designs are works of art.
The Vision Critical Corporate Systems IT team requires a highly motivated team player in the role of IT Operations Systems Administrator to maintain and enhance the systems and services provided to our internal enterprise users around the globe. Day-to-day duties will involve one (likely more) of the following areas:
- Triaging user requests through a ticketing system
- Finding creative and elegant solutions to common problems
- Operating in an Agile task management environment
- Deploying and managing client desktop & SaaS applications in an AD and single sign-on environment
- Providing first/second level support to users on desktop and server issues
- Deploying and managing a Microsoft environment: Windows 7/8.1Enterprise and Windows Server 2008/2012 platforms
- Deploying and managing an OS X environment
- Imaging and deploying laptops/desktops and applications utilizing SCCM 2012
- Operating within a Cisco infrastructure for network and VOIP management
- Managing WAN optimization solutions & their software (i.e. Riverbed)
- Deploying and managing VMs using VMware ESX & Microsoft Hyper-V
- Managing corporate mobility deployments with vendors and internal technologies such as BES 10
- Managing vendors and holding them accountable to SLA delivery and fault resolution
- Functioning in a 24x7 environment delivering high availability or mission-critical applications; available for on-call
- Working within and building procedures and methods – and revising or re-writing those procedures when necessary
- Maintaining hardware inventory, asset database and systems documentation
- Other duties as required
Those that have come before you succeeded in this role with most, if not all, of these traits:
- A never ending drive to learn and grow; understanding technology evolves and the only way to survive is to evolve with it
- The ability to think like a user, putting yourself in their shoes and anticipating/addressing potential & existing concerns
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to adjust communication style & tone depending on user type
- A commitment to getting results no matter what it takes
- Detailed oriented, superior problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- The ability to readily develop a good rapport with your team and users
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation for technical & non-technical users across a variety of topics
- The ability to quickly adjust to a rapidly changing environment and adapt to new situations & environments, including supporting junior team members as they learn & grow
- In-depth knowledge of application and desktop systems and configuration, installations/upgrades techniques, application management, problem identification and resolution
- Familiarity with server, desktop, and laptop hardware
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues such as problems with routing, DNS, firewalls, etc.
- A degree/diploma in Computer Science/Engineering and/or at least 3 years of experience in a technical support or customer service environment
- Cisco, Microsoft, and CompTIA certified candidates will be given preference
You want to help change the way the world views customers.
From professional sports teams to Fortune 100 companies, we work with some of the biggest brands in the world – and so will you. We are a successful global software company with a start-up mentality. Our leadership team is always available, teams work side-by-side and fresh perspectives are not only encouraged, they are celebrated.
Vision Critical was born from the idea there had to be a better way for companies to connect with the people who matter most to them: their customers. The belief that people matter is the core of our culture.
We believe that people have wisdom that’s worth listening to, learning from and acting on. Be one of those people at Vision Critical. Join us!
IT Operations Analyst
Senior Systems Administrator
Senior Systems Administrator