Tooling Inventory Specialist
FieldCore, a GE Company
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, world class independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. A, and other countries.
We are currently recruiting to fill 1 Tooling Inventory Specialists positions to work in Quebec, Canada. There is no relocation with this position. Applicants need to be 100% proficient in both English and French to be considered for this position.
You must be able to pass background check. Some of the physical requirements of this position are the ability to lift safely a minimum of 55 pounds, perform physical work-related activities, work safely at different heights, wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE), and all work is performed with an Environmental, Health, and Safety mindset. You must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
The Technician is responsible of inspecting large tool kits after use. Tool kits are used for power plant maintenance, then returned to the facility for inspection and restocking before they are sent out for their next usage. Close attention to detail is required during the inspection to ensure that materials are inventoried correctly, quality inspections are completed on returned items, and material required to restock the kit is pulled correctly. Computers are used throughout the process to record inventory, inspections, and restocking. Position is strongly focused on safety, quality, attention to detail, and compliance with company and government requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow direction from Tool Center Managers and Lead Technicians.
- Communicate fluently in French and English
- Keep and maintain accurate inventory records
- Perform visual and mechanical inspection of tools and quarantine any noncompliant items
- Follow work procedures and adhere to site safety, quality, inspection requirements
- Ensure high quality appearance of all tools and containers
- Inspect to maintain all safety requirements
- Pull inventory and keep accurate records of transactions
- Prepare material for shipment, ensure accuracy material and safety of packaging
- Work with others to complete tasks and ensure the final procedures are completed to 100%
- Leverage computer systems to track counts, inspections, and inventory transactions
- Ensure a high level of customer service and support
- Safely utilize material handling equipment & techniques
- Ensure all work is performed with an Environmental, Health, and Safety mindset
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 100% proficient in both English and French
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Experience with quality inspection of materials
- Ability to lift 55 lbs independently
- Experience with inventory and cycle counting
- Moderate computer skills
- Works well with others
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One-year experience working in a production or service environment
- Ability to develop credibility with employees, managers, peers and customers
- Strong mechanical, technical, and analytical skills
- Ability to learn, understand, and comply with all policies, practices and procedures
- Ability to plan, communicate, and execute
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Tooling or machine maintenance experience
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, any production management systems, and online applications
- Previous experience working in team environments
- Process oriented mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of electric, pneumatic, and hydraulic tools and equipment
- Demonstrated ability in meeting schedule commitments
- Forklift driver experience
- Ability and willingness to:
- Frequently lift, move, and carry objects up to 55 pounds.
- Work in shop and warehouse environments
- Stand for long period of time
- Work overtime, including weekends and different hours than scheduled, as needed
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Quote Job Reference: 18-0210