Fresh and Frozen Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manager
Silver Valley Farms
Maple Ridge, BC
Reports To: Corporate Quality Assurance & Food Quality Control Director
The Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager is a key managerial role for the Fresh & Frozen Foods Division of Silver Valley Farms. The Manager is responsible for contributing to the overall Quality and food Safety Plan for Silver Valley Farms and for carrying out the activities that ensure quality in the processes of product development and ensuring quality of the final product.
This role contributes to the improvement of processes to ensure that the quality and food safety activities are implemented and carried out, that the culture at Silver Valley Farms is constantly improving and that corrective and preventative actions are provided with the urgency and timeliness required to fulfill customer expectations.
- Update and oversee the administration of all quality and fresh and frozen food safety programs as necessary to comply with customer regulatory and Silver Valley Farms Food standards including: Sanitation, Pest Control, Non-Compliance/Hold
- Monitor and update Quality and Sanitation \processes and SOPs
- Work with Corporate Quality Assurance and Food Quality Control Director to develop and implement food safety, quality assurance and quality control systems, policies and procedures
- Work with department supervisors to train workers in procedures, ensure policies and procedures are followed during storing, shipping, raw material evaluations, sanitation and compliance with good manufacturing and distribution practices
- Monitor and evaluate performance of quality issues, work with Corporate QA and QC Director to address staff performance issues and provide continuous feedback, correction and recognition
- Inspect, conduct physical tests on and evaluate raw material in accordance with specification
- Audit third party warehouses where necessary, represent the facility for audits and regulatory inspections and write and present audit reports to Suppliers
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Microbiology or a related Agricultural field is required, with preference given to those with relevant Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years in food safety and compliance program management required
- Proven, documented experience with Food Safety Systems (ie: HACCP and/or SQF) as well as Canadian and/or International Food Standards Regulations required
- Advanced MS Office Skills, Self-Motivated, Team player
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English required Spanish language an asset.
- Permanent, full time, non-seasonal position
- Benefits including extended health, dental, life and critical illness will be offered after completion of 6 month probationary period
- Availability to work varied shifts including evenings and weekends as required during peak periods.
- Estimated start date: February 15, 2018.
- Salary: $55K - $70K annual based on proven and solid experience and references.
- Positions available: 1