Head of Mechanic
Les Plastiques Balcan
Balcan Plastics is a leader in flexible packaging and plastics film in North America. His continuous growth over than 50 years make its standing in the industry. Its production capacity is divided into three separate manufacturing plants. We are looking for a Head of mechanic for our Montreal company with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the same field.
Under the maintenance director’s supervision, you will have to maintain and repair equipment, and supervise a team.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate the tasks of maintenance and mechanic teams, by making sure all tools and parts are available according to the requirements plan
- Help the team and do mechanical work on the floor
- Make the preventive maintenance
- Oversee and repair mechanical and pneumatic equipment
- Coordinate repairs for production equipment with supervisors or other departments.
- Manage the priorities of production in association with supervisors to make sure the plan is implemented and the production line circulates continuously.
- Identify problems and the possible improvements.
- Manage the performance of the team with the aim of achievement of objectives
- Bring technical support to employees
- Participate in the transfers of knowledge
- Follow-up of immobilized equipment (to minimize "down time")
- Overview accuracy, quality and conformity
- Fill purchase orders and other document which is connected with this position
- Participate in the management of invoicing for work made externally when required
- Read, draw and understand diagrams, sketches and repair plans
- Comfortable with basic welding
- Verify availability and order parts
- Coordinate the daily activities of the team. Make sure assembly and problems resolution are done as fast as possible.
- Help supervisors to implement projects of continuous improvement and new products.
- Make sure standard procedures are respected (including welding)
- Maintain a clean and secure workplace.
- Any other task which can be connected to this work
- Professional diploma in mechanics (manufacturing environment) and 5 years of supervision in similar functions
- Resourceful with leadership
- Analytic and resourceful; good physical shape and dynamic.
- Organizational Skills
- Experience in welding
- Good understanding of the mechanics
- Team spirit
- Good communicator
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Experience of continuous improvement an asset
- Must have a Canadian work permit without limitation
- Available to work nights and weekends in case of emergency
- Knowledge of Microfost Outlook, Word and Excel & Autocad
- Stability of employment, work year long
- Secure environment (training, certifications)
- Environment centered on teamwork
- Competitive Salary
- Group insurances and benefits