Freelance Vietnamese Telephone Interpreter
CanTalk (Canada) Inc.
This is an entry-level casual job, which requires excellent comprehension and speaking skills in French & Vietnamese.* The *Vietnamese Telephone Interpreter is responsible for handling calls on demand and understanding meaning of consecutive interpretation between speakers of Vietnamese and French . The Interpreter needs to be able to process information quickly and concisely, recognizes sensitive cultural differences, and is professional and courteous at all times. The calls may involve simple or complex, non-technical or technical subjects in the following fields: Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Law Enforcement, and General Business.
Location of work: Eligible for anywhere in Canada. Work from home. Vietnamese Telephone Interpreter works from his/her home-office or anywhere convenient. It is essential to ensure a quiet & secure environment. Note pads and writing utensils, glossaries, and dictionaries are useful tools.
- Competitive rates
- Huge flexibility with no schedule requirement
- Ongoing training and competency opportunities
- Being part of elite interpreter database from a Canadian company
- Opportunity to assist newcomers and non-French speakers communicate in their native languages, in a variety of fields
- Opportunity to break language barriers in a diverse community and help your own fellow countrymen communicate with French speaking businesses
- Opportunity to participate and experience telephone interpretation
Major Responsibilities and Principal Accountabilities:
- Render correct concepts and meanings between Vietnamese and French following complexity, clarity, and style from one language into another, upholding the correct rules for grammar and syntax in both languages
- Good customer service, communication skills, clear enunciation, pronunciation, pleasant and professional voice as well as polite forms of expressions
- Understands protocol and terminology in the following industry such as Medical, Insurance, Finance and Law
- Is able to remain calm during stress related calls and remain consistently professional when interpreting client calls, which includes 911 emergency calls.
- Great Fluency in Vietnamese and French
- Advanced skills in the cultural dynamics (cultural implication and idiomatic expression) of both Vietnamese and French.
- Excellent listening, retention and note taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of industry-specific terminology; on-going study of glossaries and training materials including scripts provided by our clients
- Ability to concentrate, stay detached from the conversation, and remain neutral and objective at all times
- Ability to follow client's instructions closely
- Ability to explain certain cultural concepts to avoid miscommunication with the permission or at request of the client
- Completion of High School education
- Education in languages/ interpretation or related fields preferred, but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Job Type: Contract
Required language: Vietnamese and French.