Euro Landscape Construction and Grounds Inc
Greater Toronto Area , ON
Foreman/Supervisor – Landscape/Civil Construction Reports to Operations Manager
We do not only construct landscapes but we construct our employee’s careers as well. Euro Landscape does not only offer you a paycheque but also offers challenging tasks which promotes personal and professional growth. Thus, you are more than a paper pusher, you are part of a growing team that works and plays hard.
Who we are: We are a preferred full service, vertically integrated, exterior contractor in the Greater Toronto Area. Focused on landscape construction and other exterior contractor services, Euro has provided quality solutions for nearly 10 years. Euro Landscape is always seeking new and exciting projects that does not only limit to traditionally landscaping. Please visit our website to take a look at our portfolio www.eurolandscaping .com We are currently looking for an experienced Construction Foreman to join our growing team! The Landscape Construction Foreman is responsible for overseeing all on-site aspects of landscape construction projects.
- 5-10 Years of experience in landscape/construction industry.
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team work and excellent problem solving abilities.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations.
- Ethics and integrity
What we offer :
- A Competitive Wage based on experience.
- Positive Work Environment
- Great learning opportunity
- Bonuses with every project
- Excellent career growth potential
- Team building
- Fun and interactive company outings
What you need to offer to perform this role successfully:
- Manage the preparation and execution of construction projects, planning labour requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
- Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day to day work activities of a landscape construction crew of 2 to 12 employees
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, chainsaws, jack hammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Assist in the construction of walkways, fences, decks, posts, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis.
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Enforce and work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at shop/yard and on jobsites
- Employee training
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
Who we are looking for
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Comfortable using a smart phone.
- Work Conditions:
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
Compensation: TBD based on qualification
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Piling and Drilling Foreman
Construction Superintendent -Heavy Civil
Electrical & Civil Foreman (Night Shift)