Technical Director - Fox Cabaret
One Stop Rock Shop
This role is responsible for developing, managing and operating Fox Cabaret's Technical Event Operations to ensure the highest standards and smooth running of all events. The role coordinates a pool of Casual Technicians, maintaining tight control of staff scheduling, costs and technical requirements to ensure all concerts, conferences, events, rehearsals and setups are scheduled, staffed and operated professionally.
- Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the venue, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
- Determines the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, and special needs, necessary for events and performances presented at the facility in advance of production dates.
- Designs, sets up, maintains, and operates lighting and sound systems for theatre, dance, music, and other productions and projects; assists guest designers and arts with technical matters.
- Advises production managers, lighting and sound designers, on the technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment required for the individual show, and supervises the implementations of approved technical designs.
- Supervises and assists with set and stage construction and management.
- Assists in recruiting, training and assignment of volunteer or paid technical staff for individual shows.
- Orients facility renters and visiting productions to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations; facilitates the use of the technical facilities by the resident company and others engaged by or renting the facility.
- Monitors the condition of equipment including lighting, sound, and rigging equipment; arranges for the repair and replacement within budgetary constraints; performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Assists with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Directors or venue's leadership regarding capital purchases of technical equipment.
- Liaising with the Clients, Touring Technicians; Event Production Managers, to plan performance, event, rehearsal and setup schedules and staffing
- Liaising with the Production Department in pre-production to resolve any issues arising (schedule clashes, equipment maintenance, staffing requirements etc.)
- Liaising with Technical Managers to ensure that competent staff members with the appropriate skills are scheduled
- Attending weekly production, operations and other venues meetings as required
- Assisting the Booking departmental planning
- Scheduling and coordinating general technical maintenance
- Raising purchase orders, sourcing gear, etc...
- Establish Client's sound requirements.
- Advanced understanding of sound system design / be able to do system changes for guest/touring engineers within venue's sound systems.
- Operate sound equipment for main shows.
- Have a profound knowledge of most common audio consoles up to date, (DigiCO – S and SD series, AVID – Profile, S3L/S6L, Midas Pro series, Soundcraft V, etc...)
- Knowledge of Dante networking, Lake Processing a plus
- Excellent audio software skills, (Pro Tools, Qlab, Reaper, Ableton)
- Good troubleshooting skills for medium/large concert production
- Backline sourcing and delivery
5+ years of experience in live sound, theatre or event production
Full Driving license
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: