Customer Success Manager
Focal Systems is a start-up company based in the San Francisco Bay Area providing a hardware- and software- based subscription service for grocery and retail stores to improve inventory management, reduce out-of- stocks, enhance shopper experience, and eliminate checkout lanes. Focal solutions consist of powerful devices mounted on shopping carts and in stores that leverage machine learning and computer vision technology. Shoppers can use the device to locate items in store, find out what is on sale, and ultimately skip the checkout lines. Retailers can use the system to better digitize their efforts in the store and improve customer experience. Focal Systems is currently expanding our operations in Canada. We are seeking a Customer Success Manager to be an integral member of the Focal customer success and operations organization. The CSM will partner with a sales team member and work closely with our most strategic accounts to ensure the highest possible customer satisfaction, retention and growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understanding the customer business, defining success criteria, building and executing plans to exceed expectations and forecasts.
- Driving solution adoption and deployment tasks with customers.
- Proactively addressing barriers to success, including being a direct contact for support escalations.
- Managing field team activities, including machine learning data collection as well as ongoing customer maintenance.
- Providing the engineering team with field data to improve the Focal service.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years in a customer-facing technical sales, services or support role.
- Proactive, resourceful, with a desire to figure stuff out, interested in applying cutting-edge technologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation and demonstration skills.
- Good understanding of account management and customer success.
- Knowledge of the retail, mass merchandiser, home improvement, and/or grocery operations, along with the associated information technology stack such as shopper-facing apps, back-room inventory management, and/or retail POS systems. Ability and desire to work independently in an unstructured environment in locations remote from company HQ.
Skills that would be particularly useful:
- Project management experience, including resource planning and cross-functional execution.
- Understanding of data and complex distributed cloud-based systems.
- Understanding of Android and Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of python.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: