Director, Patient Services
Harris Leadership Strategies
Check off your bucket list working in the “Polar Bear Capital of the World”!
- Advance Your Career
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Northern Living Allowance
- Travel Allowance & Paid Travel Days
- Relocation Allowance
- Onsite Daycare
- Employee Assistance Program
- Located in a Globally Recognized Wildlife Tourist Area
Located in Churchill, Manitoba, or the “Polar Bear Capital of the World”, it is one of Canada’s northern beauties with 300 days of some of Earth’s finest northern lights, and heart of the highest concentration of beluga whales in the summer. Churchill Health Centre (CHC) serves a community of 831 residents as well as patients and clients from surrounding communities in Manitoba and the Nunavut Region, Kitikmeot Region and the Baffin Region. Working as an operating division of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, CHC offers a variety of programs and services: ER, Medical Clinic, Dental Clinic, Addiction Services, Public Health, Community Wellness, Mental Health, Long Term Care, Telehealth as well as CFS and Children’s Centre.
The Director, Patient Services provides leadership in facilitation and management of quality patient care in the Acute, LTC, PACU, OR, Emergency and Day Surgery including human, material and financial factors. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, he/she promotes optimum patient care in a therapeutic safe environment. The essential components of this position are practice, administration, education and research. The functions and responsibilities of the position are executed within the context of unit, program, corporate and regional goals.
- Coordinate clinical activities and assist others in the provision of care to ensure patient safety;
- Accountable for the overall quality of clinical practice and patient care by participating in the development, implementation and maintenance of the unit and programs quality improvement plan;
- Develop, implement and evaluate systematic management and communication mechanisms for facilitation, decision making, problem solving and coordination of programs and services;
- Establish and maintain effective communication with staff relative to policies, procedures, and memorandums as well as other departmental, corporate and regional activities;
- Provide leadership, direction/functional supervision, mentorship and consultation to nurses and staff;
- Participate and ensure consistency across units/programs/departments in labour relations matters;
- Partake in the recruitment, hiring and performance management with staff;
- Contribute to the assessment, planning, development, implementation, evaluation, revision, coordination, and scheduling of educational programs for staff and students;
- Work with the Patient Care Team to ensure the effective and efficient admission, discharge and transfer of patients to and from the unit;
- Work collaboratively within a management team with an expectation of providing coverage in other operational areas, as required, and participate in administration-on-call rotation;
- Collaborate with staff to facilitate and implement evidence based practice standards to advance patient care; and prepare annual operations, capital budgets, and develop operational policy; and
- Prepare reports to COO, Board of Directors and external stakeholders, as required.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing required;
- Current or eligible for registration with the appropriate professional association required;
- Current ACLS certification required;
- 3+ years current/relevant clinical experience and management experience;
- Knowledge & understanding of evidence based practice, regulations & scope of practice documents that guide nursing and legislative acts governing health care;
- Ability to critically think, analyze, conceptualize & apply relevant knowledge to practice;
- Expert organizational, interpersonal, problem solving & decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and independent work skills in an interdisciplinary team environment;
- Effective oral, written communication and computer skills; and
- Knowledge of budgets and financial reporting systems.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 18117
Regional Retail Director
Director, Logistics – Western Canada
Human Resources Business Partner
Director of Operations