We started in 2013 with the vision of training the next generation of professional developers and transforming the way tech education is delivered. Almost four years later we have two main branches (Vancouver and Toronto), satellite campuses in Victoria, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, have run various learn to code events across Canada and have graduated over 850 students with a 96% employment rate. Phewf!
This person is the glue that holds the branch’s moving parts and people together, and ensures LHL stays a fantastic place to be as a student, staff member, partner or visitor. That means ensuring the branch is organized, efficient, well-staffed and on budget. It’s safe to say our Campus Manager wears many hats!
You’ll be playing the Principal/Dean role- working with the Education team on any student related decisions or concerns. Co-managing our branch staff of about 6- collaborating with department heads to elevate the team. Managing budgets, setting and reporting on KPIs and also being involved in creating partnerships & initiatives to advance our business. LHL is open to bringing on ambitious people who can grow into a role, so if you don’t bring all listed experiences listed, but do bring a passion for tech education and are looking to bring an intense amount of caring to a startup/ learning environment we’d love to hear from you :) The salary for this role ranges from 60-80K based on experience.
- Making re students are having an exceptional experience and are reaching educational goals
- Inspiring staff, keeping them motivated and doing their best work; hiring and firing
- Taking lead in participating in additional projects as directed
- Managing and improving operations strategy in branch
- Creating annual budgets and monitoring spending across the branch on a monthly basis
- Preparing KPI reports on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Pursuing and nurturing partnerships and growth initiatives in line with the Lighthouse brand and mission.
- Keeping an eye on the overall performance of the Eastern territory- accountable for all major KPIs in various cities (Toronto, Montreal, Halifax)
Background & Experience:
- An understanding of and passion for Tech, Education and Bootcamp Education
- 5+ years work experience in areas such as Management, Program Management, HR, Operations, Education
- Strong People Management Experience/ Skills (cross department management is a plus)
- Experience in creating and managing budgets and projections
- Ability to identify, create and maintain strategic relationships and partnership opportunities
- Proven experience in identifying opportunities for improvement, efficiency and growth
- Strong understanding of identifying, setting and monitoring KPIs for projects and initiatives
- Ability to inspire people the people you manage
- Quirky and Humble
- Strong Problem Solving and Decision Making skills
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Leads by example
- Ability to network and build relationships
- High EQ and proven ability to work with a variety of types of people
- High business acumen while successfully balancing the needs of people
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and competing priorities
- Public Speaking
Chief Administrative Officer
Career Services Intern
Parking Assistant Manager
Student Services Manager