Commercial Sales Executive
We are the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have
You are adept at identifying and pursuing new business opportunities -- making the contacts, doing the needs analysis, making a strong recommendation, handling objections and closing the sale. You know how businesses work and can navigate the nuances of having decision makers who carry multiple responsibilities. You also know about a lot of types of businesses and are able to quickly understand how the economy, consumer behavior and competitive threats impact your prospects. You thrive on seeing the sales process play out and know how to focus your time on Hot, Cold and Warm prospects. You like the challenge of a high-volume sales environment because you like to win and win often. A 12-month sales cycle is not going to keep you interested in the game. Empathy and a strong sense of purpose and ability to make professional recommendations are requirements of this position.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Build and manage a pipeline of prospects from identification to negotiation to execution (80% of pipeline will be self-generated vs. 20% from the lead generation team)
- Reach or exceed assigned sales quotas and quarterly targets.
- Attend and participate in training and be an active participant in your personal and professional development.
- Work actively with multiple business units within the organization: Partner Team, Professional Services, Finance and Legal
- Partner with Relationship Managers to support renewals and upsell/cross-sell opportunities.
Sales Goals Accountability:
- CSEs will have an individual component for commission and the opportunity to accelerate.
- Targets (and acceleration) will continue to be quarterly, with rate resets at the beginning of each new quarter
- Strong Customer Focus: Connect customers’ business needs with Return Path products and services. Ability to develop and articulate a growth vision for customer.
- Able to effectively build a territory plan.
- Able to work with channel partners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the sales process and ability to move a prospect through the process.
- Plan and execute effective sales calls.
- Rigorous pipeline and sales process management, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Able to move smaller deals through sales cycle quickly.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with prospects over the phone, in person and electronically.
- Strong written communication skills: Create effective proposals, which address the needs of the prospects and outline a profitable solution for both prospect and Return Path.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment.
- Must be a great relationship builder
- Previous sales experience (3 years), preferably with channel partners
- Experience with territory planning.
- Prior experience working with a CRM tool
- Must be fully bilingual (French)
- 90/10% in the office vs. travel.
We are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
Quote Job Reference: 3382