Operational Excellence Analyst
We are supporting a leading global logistics company based out of Vancouver in finding a dynamic candidate to add to their growing team.
This role will support the Operational Excellence leads in driving continuous improvement projects and Lean initiatives across multiple business units. This person will create compelling analyses and models to measure and maximize the benefits of business assets throughout the company. The analyst will also work collaboratively with the Operational Excellence leads in developing and implementing strategies, processes and procedures to improve quality and reduce waste.
What does an Operational Excellence Analyst do?
This role involves a variety of responsibilities including:
- Creating compelling analyses and models to drive quality improvement projects and Lean initiatives using spreadsheets, statistical software, and databases.
- Preparing and delivering presentations that clearly summarize analytical insights, and provide any advice and go-forward actions that will result in improvement.
- Working collaboratively with the Operational Excellence leads to design and implement unique and in-depth solutions to ensure that organizational improvements are realized.
- Gathering, tracking and reporting on data and metrics, both operational and financial, related to Operational Excellence improvement projects and Lean initiatives.
What are the “Must Haves” for this role?
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- 2 or more years of work experience driving business insights and decisions through data and analytics. While it would be ideal that this experience is related to exploratory data analysis, the experience can include any spreadsheet work found in financial, statistical, management consulting or engineering roles.
- Experience leading senior managers and leadership through a decision-making process
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to summarize qualitative and quantitative investigations and go-forward recommendations
- Expert-level command of Microsoft Excel (e.g. using functions like IF statements, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, etc.)
- Working knowledge of VBA (ADO/DAO) and SQL syntax
- Experience generating professional deliverables using Microsoft PowerPoint
What are the “Nice to Haves” for this role?
The following outlines the nice to have qualifications:
- Additional database and analytical experience using applications such SPSS, SAS, Strata or R
- Experience in a management consulting or process operations role
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration, computer science, engineering, finance or a related field is preferred
- Experience with the Lean Six Sigma analytical toolkit and continuous improvement practices are assets
- Previous experience in container shipping or other logistics operations is also an asset
What’s in it for you?
- See your work being used drive quality, improvement and excellence across multiple business units
- Be able to grow and develop professionally in the areas that align with your natural talents
- Work with an amazing and passionate team who are driven, brilliant and respectful
- Be pushed to think “outside of the box” to develop unique and practical approaches
What characteristics are they looking for?
- The successful proponent will be someone who is practical, naturally driven to improve, and able figure things out for themselves, especially how to creatively analyze data to reveal insights.
- This person will also be able to manage multiple priorities and consistently deliver solid work, complimented by strong technical, analytical, and communication skills.
- People who are service-oriented, who take pride in their work, and make sure that they take things to the finish line.
What are the values and practices of their leaders?
- Model the Way: They find their voice by clarifying their personal values and expressing them in a style that is authentically their own, and they set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
- Inspire a Shared Vision: They envision the future by imaging exciting and ennobling possibilities and enlisting others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations.
- Challenge the Process: They search for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change, grow, and improve. They also experiment and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes.
- Enable Others to Act: They foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust. They strengthen others by sharing power and discretion.
- Encourage the Heart: They recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence. They also celebrate values and victories by creating spirit of community.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Support Analyst I
Operations Excellence Analyst
Jr. Business Analyst