Silicon Photonics Optical Design and Characterization Engineer
What do we do?
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum?s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum?s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
What will you do in this role?
Lumentum Transmission R&D has a position opened for a Silicon Photonics Optical Design and Characterization Engineer. This position will be responsible for developing silicon photonics devices and photonic integrated circuits (PIC's) to support next-generation data communications and coherent transmission products. This position is located in Ottawa, Canada, and will involve close collaboration with indium phosphide, packaging and transceiver R&D development teams located in Milpitas (California) and Ottawa.
This position will report to Transmission R&D management in Ottawa.
The scope of the responsibility includes:
- active and passive device design and layout using state-of-art modelling and layout tools;
- device and PIC test characterization;
- close interaction with the silicon foundry.
What experience will allow you the greatest success in this role?
- Master's or Ph.D. in engineering;
- 3+ years direct experience in silicon photonics device design;
- Direct experience with design flow and layout scripting;
- Experience with test instrumentation, hand's on in the lab;
- Familiarity with silicon photonics fabrication processes;
- Solid background in device physics;
- Quick learner, team player, creative problem solver.
Quote Job Reference: 10003435