Counsellors, Lifeguards, Directors, Sports & Crafts Staff
Camp Tanner Inc.
We are an overnight camp which runs 6 weeks of summer camps and a weekend camp on May Long Weekend. We are an accredited member of The United Church of Canada and The Ontario Camping Association. Again, this year we are seeking staff who wish to take part in our summer camps and experience positive leadership development and work with young people ages 7-15. Staff will be hired on weekly contracts that run from Sundays to Friday night, in which they will live at Camp Tanner while they work.
Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Previous leadership and/ or camping experience
- Education and/or experience working with children and youth
- Standard First Aid with CPR – C certification
- Current vulnerable sector police check
- Positive teamwork and communication skills
- Interest in youth program development and facilitation
- Ability to work with/without supervision
- Preference to candidates who can commit to working 6 weeks
- Staff must be committed to attending ALL training sessions and pre-camp meetings offered by Camp Tanner Inc.
Positions to Be filled include:
Camp Coordinator – pre-camp role taking place in May and June
- preparing for camp, communicating with staff, posting schedules, updating website, taking part in promotional events, planning new programs, organizing special programs, etc.
Camp Director - 5 yrs. camp experience is an asset
- director will oversee all camp activity and all other staff
Program Director – 4 yrs. camp experience is an asset
- oversees programming, organizes special programs, oversees sports staff and programs
Camper Director – 4 yrs. camp experience is an asset
- creates camper lists, deals with camper problems and camper discipline
CIT & Staffing Director- 4 yrs. camp experience is an asset
- creates CIT program, supports CIT’s and counsellors, does evaluations for CIT’s and counsellors
Crafts Program Leader & Sr. Staff Support – 3 yrs. camp experience an asset
- run crafts programs, keep craft cabin clean, assist all other directors when needed
Head Lifeguard – must be 18 years of age (born 2000), 2 yrs. camp experience an asset
- required to have NLS certificate, pool maintenance experience is an asset
Assistant Lifeguard – must be 17 years of age (born 2002), 1-year camp experience an asset
- required to have NLS certificate
Counsellor- Must be 17 years old (born 2001), completion of the CIT program an asset
- supervise a cabin of campers (between 4-8 campers), plan activities for campers to take part in
Counsellor in Training (CIT)- must be 16 years old (born 2002)
- This is a volunteer role! Take part in the CIT program, learn how to be a great staff member, shadow a counselor and assist in supervising campers and running activities.
**all staff who are interested in running a special program or sport should indicate on their application
Marketing and Finance Assistant
Casual Part-time Customer Service Agent
Peer Support Counsellor - Overnight Camp
Facility Services Supervisor of Maintenance Services