Join the team!
Valemount College is a new college located in the beautiful Robson Valley in Valemount, BC. We are seeking to recruit talented people to share in our vision while helping you to achieve your own. We provide high quality programs, excellent customer service and a high degree of flexibility to help our students reach their career and educational goals. Grow your career together with the college!
Job Type: PT Permanent (this position may lead to a FT Permanent employment position in the future)
Work Hours: 10 Hours of Bookkeeping Duties Per Week (This position will work a standard work week, but may require evening and/or weekend hours to accommodate activities such as Board meetings.)
This is a great opportunity to apply your top-notch Bookkeeping skills using our computerized accounting system. This position will be under the supervision of the College Director and the Treasurer of the Board of Directors.
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using our computerized accounting system and through maintaining an organized filing system.
- Provide additional reports to College Director and Board of Directors as required.
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements.
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills; keep confidential payroll records for all employees including sick leave accruals, other.
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents.
- Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
- Record, track and issue receipts for all tuition, supplier invoices, other.
- Communicate (both in verbal and written form) with other staff members, students, contractors, suppliers, and banking contacts.
- Provide back-up reception duties when the Executive Assistant is busy or out of office
- Greet all students and visitors in a friendly, respectful manner
- Create a positive first impression for students and visitors
- Handle all telephone calls in a friendly, respectful manner
- Keep the reception area clean, tidy, and organized
- Formal qualifications in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience using the Sage Accounting software, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll transactions and payroll returns.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.