Resort Operations Manager
Shadybrook Resort is a lakefront RV Resort located in beautiful Windermere BC. We are located in the Columbia Valley which is well know for its spectacular outdoor recreation. Please visit www.shadybrookresort.com to learn more about the resort and area.
We are searching for a Shadybrook Resort Operations Manager. This job is full time Seasonal (7 months) April thru Oct.
Some of the duties that the Operations Manager will perform include:
- Operate and maintain Shadybrook Resort in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Be the first point of contact for all daily operations
- Purchase necessary equipment and supplied and work with suppliers to ensure seamless delivery of products and services. Keep the workshop well organized and stocked.
- Enforce resort rules
- Assist with Shadybrook Special Events
- Work as part of a team that includes Resort Owner, office manager and other seasonal labourers
- Prepare Resort and all infrastructure for spring opening and fall shut down including 6 on site cabins
- Maintain water and sewer and electrical infrastructure
- General Maintenance and management of on site house, marina, wells, water treatment plant, washroom and office building, workshop, beach and grounds, landscaping
Skills required: The successful candidate will:
- Be self motivated and work efficiently with limited supervision and instruction
- Have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to identify problems, evaluate solutions and implement and plan
- Be in good physical condition and have the ability to lift up to 100lbs and crawl in tight spaces
- Be able to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract
- Have a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude. Demonstrate professionalism at all times and toward all other staff members, customers and management
- Be able to communicate effectively with customers, staff and management
- Have trades experience and/or training. Be a handy man or jack of all trades. Have the ability to fix a range of items.
- Knowledge of water and sewer infrastructure, pumps, motors and the ability to operate a skid steer, chainsaw, excavator is a major asset.
- Maintain all of the above plus golf cart, ride-on lawn mower, grass trimmer, work truck and dump trailer and other equipment
- Learn skills quickly
- Be flexible with work requirements and scheduling (must work weekends during high season)
- April, May, June 40hrs/week
- July and August 45 hours/ week (must work weekends and take mid week days off)
- Sept and Oct 32 hrs/week
- Nov to March No work required
It is expected that the manager be on call and available after hours for urgent resort matters as necessary.
Approx on call demands:
April, Sept, Oct Rare
May & June Weekends only
July and Aug Frequent
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits depending on experience. On site housing is available if required. Additional income streams are also available.
facility operations manager
Staff Housing Attendant
Equipment Mechanic (Automotive)