OBIA-ODI Senior Consultant
The Office of Institutional Research and Analysis is led by the Associate Vice President, Institutional Research and Analysis who reports to the Provost and Vice President Academic. The office provides leadership, advice and support for pan-university planning, policy formation and informed decision making activities at McMaster University.
To fulfill its mission and support the strategic goals of McMaster University, the office provides accurate, timely and high quality information, data analysis and university analytics to various academic and administrative offices at McMaster and responds to data requests from external agencies. It supports, advises, and enables senior administration planning and decision making through the provision of performance metrics, benchmarks, projections, simulations, modelling, and effective analyses and insights based on a thorough understanding of McMaster and its external environment. Analyses and modelling includes accessing sensitive employee information and records for modelling/costing in support of employee/labour relations discussions, and many of its work assignments and issues addressed are considered confidential and may only be disclosed at the executive level. Employees within Institutional Research and Analysis serve as the liaison with government, the U15 Data Exchange, Council of Ontario Universities, and other external agencies on institutional data and research activities.
The Office of Institutional Research and Analysis is looking for a senior resource to implement Oracle BI Applications 11g (188.8.131.52.2) having multiple data sources where PeopleSoft 9.2 is the primary data source. The OBIA-ODI Senior Consultant is responsible for working with the in-house BI team, stakeholders and other support units to implement Oracle BI Applications on time, within budget and as per defined requirements. The Senior Consultant will fill the gaps in technical and functional skills of the in-house implementation team, and will play key role in the sustainability and success of the BI projects through high quality deliverables, good documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Perform configuration and functional setups of Oracle BI Applications 11g (184.108.40.206.2) for the following modules: Financial Analytics, Human Capital Management Analytics, Project Analytics, Student Information Analytics, and Procurement and Spend Analytics
- Customize and extend BI Applications based on business requirements.
- Integrate third party source systems with Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse using Oracle Data Integrator 11g (220.127.116.11).
- Setup data and object security for all pre-packaged and custom applications.
- Customize out-of-the-box interfaces, packages and other objects based on business needs using ODI 11g.
- Design advanced interfaces, procedures and packages to perform data transformation, audit data and enforce data quality using ODI 11g.
- Setup MUDE for OBIEE development.
- Implement integration strategies based on best practices for ODI projects.
- Implement industry best practices for OIBEE deliverables, OBAW customizations and security.
- Migrate configurations and customizations from Development to Test and Production environments.
- Provide clear and detailed documentation for configuration, functional setups, migration, security, ODI objects and other artifacts.
- Work collaboratively with and assist in the development of technical skillsets of the BI Team.
Experience and Skillset:
- 10+ year experience in large implementations and major upgrades of Oracle BI Applications (OBIA).
- At least 3 successful full lifecycle implementation of Oracle BI Apps.
- 10+ year experience in data integration architecture, design and development with emphasis to Oracle Data Integrator.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle BI Applications dimensional model and data content for Financials, HCM, Projects and SIA.
- Extensive experience in Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse customizations.
- Highly proficient in configuration and functional setups using BI Applications Configuration Manager (BIACM) and Functional Setup Manager (FSM).
- Excellent data integration skills in creating and customizing ODI objects: models, data stores, mappings, procedures, variables, packages and load plans for Oracle BI Applications (OBIA) 11g.
- Experienced in implementation of data and object security based on PeopleSoft applications
- Experienced in performance tuning OBIEE analytics, data warehouse and ETL.
- Advanced expertise in dimensional modelling and ER modelling.
- Experience in end-to-end BI project lifecycle from inception to production.
- Expertise in the following: Oracle Data Integrator 11g/12c, Oracle WebLogic Server 11g/12c, Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g/12c, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g/12c, Data Warehousing, Analytical SQL, SQL Developer 17.x and SQL Developer Data Modeler 17.x
- Working knowledge of: Linux and Windows operating systems, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, PuTTY and FTP client tools
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3 months with strong possibility of long-term extension.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: