Cable Installation Technician
We are one of North America’s leaders in the telecommunications industry offering integrated and complimentary products and services. We offer value added services and turnkey solutions in installation and network maintenance.
We are proud to employ over 1,000 highly skilled technicians who help us provide the best customer experience across Ontario and Quebec. Our employees work in a team environment and are empowered to participate, be creative and grow in the multi-faceted challenges of a growth-oriented entrepreneurial company in the Telecommunication and Security Solutions industry.
SC360’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide SC360 behavior and shape our culture. Our values include:
- Work together to earn customers business
- Succeed by working together
- Take responsibility for our actions
- Treat each other with fairness & respect
- Strive to continuously improve
- We act with integrity in all that we do
We are currently looking for Cable Technicians to join our Windsor, Sarnia & Chatham-Kent regions,
This role installs, maintains, and upgrades cable and phone systems in the residential environment. They also perform repair work and troubleshoot service concerns. Their main goal is to keep a cable and phone system operating efficiently for the customer.
- Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems (Basic and Hi-Speed Internet, Basic and Digital TV and Home Phone) to the satisfaction of the customer and in accordance with company specifications.
- Reconnect/disconnect equipment and/or services as per company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Complete installation work (e.g., rewires, drop replacements).
- Promote and sell company services and make customers aware of same.
- Complete accurate documentation pertaining to installations, service and sales activity.
- Assist Managers in reducing departmental costs through efficiencies and improved productivity.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Valid G Ontario driver’s license.
- Knowledge of cabling and computer technology an asset.
- Professional, trustworthy, and reliable with a strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills and proficiency in a Windows environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals and to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Ability to organize work and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Underground Cable Repair Technician
Infrastructure Cable Technician