Information Technology Support Specalist
Ubisoft Halifax, a Mobile Game company, is looking for a Part-time (20hr) IT support Specialist to start immediately and hit the ground running in our busy studio. We are looking for someone who is a “Jack of all trades”, and would like to learn about the video game industry. This position has the possibility of becoming full time.
Work with all teams in the studio to ensure all technology is operational from a technical perspective, to maintain and consult on information security with the IT Manager.
Offering on-site support to end users on hardware (workstations and printers) and standard software (Windows OS, Mac OSX, Microsoft office, Autodesk, Adobe products, and countless others)
- Providing direction and on-site support for mobile devices, both Apple and Google based mobile devices and tablets.
- Provide support, and best practices for management and support of mobile devices for production use.
- Ensuring Security team’s best practices are applied on all workstations and mobile devices
- Building and installing the new employee workstations and development devices
- Ensuring proper meeting room configuration and operation
- Interacting with external vendors for procurement of hardware
- Provide technical training for employees on base operating system and core software
- Ensuring the proper follow-up on issues and requests
- Updating the knowledge base with newly diagnosed problems
- Manage the Confluence (intranet) updates and changes
- Provide cross coverage of local IT needs, and infrastructure support for the studio
- Assist the Technical Manager in providing backup services to studio in the event of downtime due to data loss
- Provide critical support for all equipment, to ensure users are at peak efficiency. 24/7 support may be required to ensure the studio has limited downtime with the direction of the IT Manager
- Provide support for the Mobile Device production fleet
- Maintain documentation on all relevant technologies within the studio
- Maintain cleanliness of the IT department, and organisation of stock
- Must have knowledge
- Windows 7, 8 and 10, Linux, Mac OSX, including procedures for installation and management in a Windows Local Area Network
- Work with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook
- Knowledge of the setup, maintenance, upgrading, repair, trouble-shooting and inventorying of PC desktops, laptops and peripheral devices.
- Knowledge of a Windows Network to create, change and remove: user accounts, groups and security access permissions.
- Work with network printers, multi-function printers, installation, and configuration.
- Provide desk side and infrastructure support for the studio Ubisoft Halifax.
- Assist in procurement of various technical and non-technical equipment
- Support mobile hardware, including both Apple and Google based mobile hardware (both phones, tablets)
Successful completion of two years of acceptable post-secondary education program in computer science, information technology, information management or other education relevant to the position. OR Acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
What can we offer you!
- Competitive salary scale
- Additonal paid time off over the Christmas Holidays
- In studio Gym
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care
- Flexible work hours, for life/work balance
- International and diverse team
- Summer months bring "Summer Fridays"
- New and funky Studio
Ubisoft Halifax is one of the newest Ubisoft Studios to take on the growing mobile game market. As Ubisoft's first exclusively Mobile studio in North America, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IP’s. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States; a founding City full of forts, historic buildings and award winning modern architecture. Being a city with three University’s, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types; unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We are located in the Heart of the City overlooking the beautiful waterfront, in the historic and Iconic Keith's Brewery. Come summer we work a little more each day so we can take Friday afternoons off.