Manager Digital Airport Solutions
Harris Leadership Strategies
The Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is a community-based, non-share capital corporation that operates, manages, maintains and invests in the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. Operating on a multi-site property, WAA is responsible for airport operations, security, facilities, parking, ground transportation and communications. With an ever-expanding airport campus, WAA is a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs. As a recurrent “Top Manitoba Employer,” WAA prides itself as an organization that attracts engaged employees with the right skills, in the right place, and at the right time.
Technology acts as an enabler to help airports resolve the challenges in operations while enhancing the overall passenger experience. WAA is seeking a proactive individual who can lead business processes that extend beyond systems excellence to include people dynamics. Through the acceleration of change and the need for all businesses to compete digitally, this new position: Manager, Digital Airport Solutions will be responsible for the delivery of WAA’s systems integration and digital strategies, with the overall goal of improving the passenger experience, positively impacting stakeholder engagement, increasing employee efficiency, driving innovation and delivering the organization’s cloud-first strategy. This role will play an integral part in the digital direction of the airport campus and provide the opportunity to transform digital solutions, optimizing the direction for digital operations, improving processes and subsequently passenger service.
- Manage a team of Airport Systems Analysts and support the Airport Information Systems;
- Responsible for all flight information into and out of the James Armstrong Richardson International Airport;
- Provide input into governance process with respects to project priorities, dependencies, timelines and maintain the IT Roadmap;
- Extract and use digital analytics to find value from big data and make actionable decisions, improving efficiency and quality for all operations;
- Oversee and improve digital standards for information used for airport operations, common use resource allocation, passenger updates and aeronautical billing, utilizing utilize integration technology and scale according to business needs;
- Standardize system integration through acquisition and deployment of appropriate methods and tools;
- Develop standards for Business Requirements, User Acceptance Testing and foster a culture of documentation and testing;
- Manage, deliver and oversee ongoing IT business driven initiates such as a new ERP implementation, ongoing improvements to airport operations incident and asset management system, ground transportation management and revenue systems upgrades/improvements;
- Work closely with business units to determine systems of record, developing appropriate data strategy to ensure information integrity that can be ultimately fed into an Executive Dashboard;
- Manage complex customer relationships across a variety of channels – both digital and traditional, including vendor contracts and relationships; and
- Respond and initiate dynamic and seamless customer interactions, exceeding customer expectations at all touchpoints on airport campus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field;
- PMP and/or IIBA certifications considered an asset;
- Software development lifecycle project delivery or equivalent experience with systems integration;
- Experience developing methodologies for business requirements definition and user acceptance testing in a complex, agile and fast-paced environment, including business process optimization;
- Demonstrated progressive leadership success, and experience leading technical teams in a dynamic environment;
- Experience managing in a union environment is an asset;
- Seasoned vendor management experience;
- Resourceful with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and strong prioritization skills; and
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders at all levels.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 18112