Richmond Hill, ON
Who We Are
We build advanced 3PL software for logistics companies handling the warehousing and transportation requirements for multiple clients. Maves' ViewPoint Logistics software enables 3PL service providers to manage their operations in real time using powerful tools to improve the agility and profitability of their business.
As a member of the Product Development Group, you will participate in the technical design and development of Maves’ application software products across all technologies and platforms, including web and mobile.
Our focus is on web application development with Java and related technologies. You will be involved in helping to guide the selection of technologies, tools, and frameworks that will be used to build tomorrow’s best in class software solutions. Operating with a small team you will be working closely with other team members. You will display leadership qualities and have strong development and testing skills.
Responsibilities and Required Skills for the Role
- Develop java web applications including web user interfaces, back-end code working with databases, consuming web services, and developing web service APIs.
- Participate in defining, documenting, and communicating the system architecture.
- Ensure the architecture supports current requirements and future evolution.
- Develop migration strategies to evolve the software toward the new architecture including adoption of new tools and technologies and of new design principles.
- Drive improvements to source code control and management, release management, and deployment processes.
- Implement improved technical design and development processes.
- Ensure software technical designs meet key goals including:
- Establish improved and more rigorous testing/QA processes
Required Technical Skills
- 3+ years of experience using Java 1.7 or above
- Solid understanding of OO principles and design patterns
- Strong web application development experience
- Working knowledge of Vaadin and other web application frameworks
- Database design experience including strong SQL (DB2 experience preferred)
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Experience with a broad mix of technology including Linux, JBOSS, Tomcat, XML, XSLT and XSL-FO
- Strong enterprise application development experience
- Computer Science degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple simultaneous priorities in a demanding environment
- Experience in a commercial software development environment is preferred
- Experience with Warehouse Management, Transportation, and Logistics applications is an asset
If the following describes you then send us your resume …
- You are excited to drive change, have a passion to create the best solutions, to solve problems, to continually improve your work, and to rise to any challenge
- You are a keen learner and you enjoy the challenge of the unknown
- You have a strong work ethic, and are motivated by a job well done
- You are a great team player
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Senior Java Developer for SaaS in Richmond Hill
Java Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer (JS/Java)