A & L Canada Laboratories Inc.
A & L Canada Laboratories Inc. (A & L) is one of Ontario’s largest Agricultural and Environmental laboratories specializing in soil, plant tissue, fertilizer, and water testing. We provide reliable, comprehensive, and effective services for analytical testing. Our Environmental division provides inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, general chemistry, and pesticide analysis utilizing state of the art technology as well as methodology.
Based on experience.
The candidate will be expected to lead efforts in isolating and characterizing glyphosate degrading bacterial strains from soils. The candidate will be responsible for designing experiments, collecting, analyzing, and recording data of the results for publication. In addition, it is expected the candidate to be involved and assist in the food and environmental microbiology and plant disease diagnostics testing, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Medium preparation, glassware, and waste cleaning.
- Bacterial isolation, purification, and stock preparation.
- DNA isolation, bacterial identification by DNA sequencing, and sequence data analysis.
- Perform sample analysis using prescribed testing methods, utilizing required instrumentation to support standards of quality, and to ensure timely results in accordance with all accreditation requirements.
- Ensure samples are processed with accurate results to consistently meet expected customer quality and turnaround standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Adhere to operation policies and procedures, including confidentiality requirements.
- Contribute to process improvements including machine recommendation, purpose, as well as work flow assessments.
- Communicate on a daily basis with the supervisor and technician peer group.
- Accurate time recording in log for each project.
- Perform clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word processing, record keeping, and data entry.
- General housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Microbiology and molecular biology are required.
- Scientific laboratory procedures and techniques as used in a laboratory environment.
- Scientific laboratory equipment and apparatus knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of scientific methods of measurements.
- Health and safety practices and precautions applicable to a laboratory environment.
Include standing, bending, and lifting up to 10 kg, carrying product, moving and making adjustments to process equipment, packaging.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Microbiology or Biology. M.Sc. is preferred.
This is a 1 year full-time contract position with an immediate start date. The position has an opportunity to renew for renewal on an annual basis due to performance, which has potential to become a full-time permanent.
Calling all Technicians (Laboratory Technicians, and Laboratory Liaison Technical Officers)
Quality Assurance Technician