Chemical Operations Manager
Braun Valley Associates
Job Type: Permanent
Reports to: Site Director
This Position is responsible for managing the daily operation of the Sarnia Site. This is done by ensuring the plant runs safely, efficiently and in an environmentally friendly manner adhering to all compliance mandates/standards set by regulatory agencies and Company policy. The Operations Manager is responsible for building and executing a department budget, maintaining acceptable performance standards of direct and indirect reports, and partnering with other functional groups to drive an enterprise mindset in the accomplishment of regional goals.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Professional Chemical Engineering degree with a minimum of 5-10 operational leadership experience.
- Demonstrated effective skills in communication (verbal and written), problem solving, decision making and long-range planning.
- Ability to:
- Manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Motivate people.
- Lead and manage change.
- Modeling and Forecasting.
- Must be able to function with high autonomy.
- Must be able to delegate appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver results in a team environment.
- General knowledge of and exposure to SAP and Microsoft office suite.
- Cooperative manner, capable of effective interfacing at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Develop a continual improvement vision and manager team to achieve goals.
- Validate that PSM, MOC, and PHA processes are being initiated and completed appropriately.
- Understand and ensure the 20 Principles of Behavioral and Process Safety are followed.
The Operations Manager is tasked with ensuring the Sarnia Plant produces the desired amount of product as required by the Business Team, and support optimization modeling of the assets to ensure the highest profitability between pounds produced and sold is achieved. The Operations Manager and Maintenance Manager are required to facilitate a joint focus on Reliability and ensure regional processes are followed to maximize unit uptime. This position also works hand in hand with the Leadership Team to set local regional policies, build regional budgets, craft regional communication plans, and calibrate individual employee performance in the region.
- Lead by example and set the appropriate tone for Safety, Health and Environmental performance.
- Manage incident investigations and root cause analysis through our KMS program resulting in incidents being analyzed and managed on time.
- Responsible for AsCare Program implementation and condition of the plant jointly with maintenance and capital.
- Lead PBL meetings with teams to ensure proper communication of plant priorities is cascaded throughout the organization.
- Build and Manage departmental budget.
- Optimize the units based on unit modeling.
- Ensure proper performance management is taking place with direct and indirect reports.
- Interface with Technology group regarding current and future operational needs.
- Accountable for the development of and maintenance of effectively trained and motivated workers.
- Keep Site Director informed of any potential issue affecting Safety, Health & Environment, or Production.
- Manage Process Automation.
- Ensure proper investigation and response to all quality issues.
- Support regions ISO certification process.
- Member of the EOC and regional spokesperson for media inquiries.
- Participate in community activities sponsored by the Company.
- Communicate and champion the 20 Safety Principles and Life Saving Rules to empower and enable others.
- Preserve high standards of housekeeping and organization.
- SM process knowledge.
- Business Acumen.
- Must be able to build, maintain and communicate a vision for success.
- Strong Leadership skills and Managerial Courage.
- Demonstrated ability to learn.
Chemical Operations Manager
Operations Internship - College Recruiting Canada
Senior Process Engineer - Purification
Water/Wastewater Plant/Facility Manager