Jr. Instructional Designer
BC Alliance for Manufacturing
Are you an instructional designer with a passion for helping adult learners develop the skills employers are looking for? Do you take a task-based approach to developing curriculum? Do you have experience with face-to-face, hybrid and online teaching? As a junior instructional designer and member of our innovative learning and development team, you can apply your skills to creating new and exciting programs and courses.
The BC Alliance for Manufacturing is a coalition of like-minded manufacturing industry associations with a common vision to promote a world-class manufacturing sector in British Columbia. Those with an interest in ensuring a strong manufacturing sector include businesses in the design, supply, material handling, fabrication and logistics areas; people-based organizations that train and develop skilled workers for high-paying jobs; and community-focused chambers of commerce and boards of trade that recognize the significant economic contribution to their cities derived from manufacturing, directly and indirectly.
Responsibilities and Duties
What you’ll do
- design and develop training materials that address specific learning needs
- work with the learning and development team to design and develop content on schedule
- ensure that curriculum meets quality and design standards
- adapt face-to-face learning content for online learning environments
Is this a good fit for you?
This is a good fit for you if you can:
- design and develop high-quality, engaging and innovative learning materials for face-to-face, hybrid and online course formats based on the results of needs assessments.
- review and refine training resources as they are developed.
- coordinate your work with other members of the learning and development team.
- complete projects on-time and on-schedule.
- cope with pressure and adapt well to a changing environment.
- work independently and with a high level of accountability.
- prioritize while working on multiple projects with shifting priorities and competing deadlines.
Qualifications and Skills
Your experience and educational background:
- Directly-related experience in applying adult learning theory and principles in the development of training materials for a wide range of audiences within set timeframes
- Teaching experience, manufacturing or trades-related teaching experience is an asset
- An undergraduate degree, ideally in one of the following:
- adult education
- instructional design
- curriculum and instruction
- Excellent computer skills
- Previous experience setting up and administering content on e-learning platforms is an asset
What we offer:
- a great work atmosphere
- exciting curriculum development projects
- an opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- competitive salary commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: