Primary Program Coordinator
Circus Arts Performing Arts Society
Job Purpose and Summary:
This role provides leadership and functional supervision to a recreation program, activity or service; directs and/or leads the activities of a program, activity or service; organizes and implements program elements and oversees participants, and performs related work as required. Able to coach all levels of the core circus curriculum but focuses on the primary or 4-7 year old range and is responsible for the safety and management of the gym when on duty. Reports to the Managing Director. Possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to support parents, students and staff. This includes collaboration with students and staff and cooperation with parents and the public.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the development, and implementation of the Primary CirKids classes (Cub, Lions and Tigers)
- supervising the Cubs, Lions and Tigers program and assisting with resources and coaching certification
- ensuring coaches have proper certification and ensuring all proper documentation is on file
- researching additional courses for staff to take to assist in professional development as it relates to curriculum
- scheduling staff for Primary classes in consultation with the Program Coordinators and Safety & Facility Coordinator and approving hours
- ensure that staff receive an orientation and appropriate training and provide professional development opportunities
- monitor the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conduct regular performance reviews
- coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
- participate in the recruitment, interview and selection process for coaches and Primary program staff
- discipline staff when necessary using appropriate techniques
- support the coaching staff and instructors and to resolve and report any concerns at the gym, including accidents, injuries or security incidents
- attends regular staff meetings Curriculum
- oversee curriculum development in CirKids programs (Cubs, Lions & Tigers) working collaboratively with staff and ensure CircusWest is following best practices
- compile and assist with developing Primary program curriculum and ensure that they contribute to CircusWest’s mission, strategic initiatives and the priorities of the Board
- ensure that the Primary programming of CircusWest meets the expectations of its clients, audiences, board and funders.
- Monitor the delivery of the programs and services of CircusWest to maintain and/or improve quality
- Assist staff with creation of lesson plan templates
- Manage the class rotations
- responsible for safety in the gym during class time. This includes facility, equipment and students.
- teach a variety of circus disciplines and may teach a specialty for the session classes.
- plan activities, shows and evaluate participants progress.
- advise parents on class selection for all levels as recommended by other coaches.
- may be asked to participate in projects and/or outreach activities such as teaching corporate or school workshops.
- Maintains records of class attendance and injury reports and reminds others.
- Opens and closes facility, including the inside fire doors.
- Responsible for the security of the building and the safety of the participants
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have excellent communication skills and can work cooperatively with coaches and problem solve with parents and students. The Primary Program Coordinator must set a positive example including a strong work ethic to the younger coaches. Must enjoy working with children and have experience doing so.
- Level 1 Gymnastics Certification and Theory
- Trampoline (asset)
- Emergency First Aid Training & CPR “C”
- ECE or previous experience teaching young children
Conditions of Employment
- This is a part-time position, based upon a 20-28 hour work week.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 6042523679