Site Reliability Engineer(SRE)
SREs are engineers with the right mix of knowledge and skills in software engineering (i.e. programming, data structures, and algorithms) and systems engineering (i.e. applying scientific principles of experimentation and observation to entire systems to improve reliability, performance and operability).
We constantly evaluate products and services before and after production releases to prevent, identify and fix problems that impact service availability in deploying, configuring, monitoring, recovering, and scaling.
We participate in on-call rotations to monitor and support our products and services, taking recovery actions prior to and after disruptions.
We dedicate at least 50% of our time 'engineering away' problems both, directly and through pairing and coaching our team.
We work side-by-side with SREs in our team applying software engineering principles to resolve problems impacting service uptime or our operational efficiency.
Our SRE Culture
To accomplish our mission and continue to build our internal DevOps culture, we embrace and are strong advocates of the CALMS framework.
We seek to eliminate manual and repetitive operations tasks at every opportunity by exploiting open source tools, contributing to open source projects and building new tools when required.
We value technical aptitude, innovative thinking and a great learning ability above proficiency with a specific toolset.
Required Core Skills for all SREs
- Systems configuration and administration: Windows or Linux.
- Analyzing and discovering how all components of a distributed system work together using a broad range of skills and tools.
Possess or will learn quickly
- Applying an evidence based approach to solving system problems under pressure and in real time to provide the fastest path to service recovery.
- System and software configuration management using tools such as puppet, chef or ansible.
- Cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS or Azure using API or configuration tools.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: