Nuclear Mechanical Estimators
The Mechanical Estimator will use drawings and a high level scope to develop a more refined scope (detailed) and estimated cost for various projects.
Labor Cost – Estimated engineering and construction labor costs
Materials Cost – Estimated materials cost to complete the detailed scope of work. The estimate will need to be revised throughout a project to increase the level of accuracy as required by project management.
Will be responsible for reviewing specifications and drawings, accurate take offs, preparing estimates, job walks, working with General Contractors, Subcontractors and suppliers, calculating project costs, presenting proposals to clients and preparing project bids, Submittals and O & M's, Sales and customer relations.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Mechanical Estimating experience in the nuclear power industry
- Construction, engineering, or operations labor estimating experience.
- Understanding of large construction project schedules.
- Heavy industrial plant construction experience design and operations experience also acceptable.
- Knowledge of estimating standards and tools used to complete estimates.
- Direct experience in the estimating profession.
- Work experience history is in the profession of construction estimating.
- Ability to read construction prints to identify different aspects of the drawing.
- Ability to develop an understanding of substation designs quickly and develop scopes and estimates.
- Database systems -Good communication and interpersonal skills.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: