SQL DBA & .Net Programmer
Comtech Systems Inc.
We require an enthusiastic, career-minded SQL DBA and Programmer. You will be responsible for developing SQL tools and working with the development team in moving Collect! to a .net platform. Experience and training in SQL database administration, report writing and .net environment essential; C# programming experience a valuable asset. Join us in our challenging, fast paced work environment.
Who are we?
We are an industry leader in accounts receivables management software. Located in Langford, BC, we have a history of over 25 years of development, and have distributed our software to enterprise customers in 40 countries. We are expanding our team of IT professionals to transform our Collect! application to a next generation development platform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Write new program code using specifications provided
- Accept other product-related tasks from the Management Team or Lead Programmer
- Document work as requested
- Communicate directly with clients as required
- Become engaged in issue resolution in times of urgency
- Conduct research into newer technologies as directed
- Function as part of the Product Development Team
Education and Experience
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or computer sciences or equivalent training and work experience
- SQL data base and report writing certifications
- Recent, related:
- SQL programming / SQL database experience
- .net development experience
- Experience communicating and working in a team environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of:
- Computer flow charts, programming logic and codes
- Company programming procedures, SQL DBA and SSIS
- Skill in:
- Writing new program code using prescribed specifications
- Maintaining and modifying programs; making approved changes by amending flow charts, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes
- Coding, testing and troubleshooting programs using the appropriate hardware, database and programming technology
- Refining data and formatting final product
- Developing and testing programming modifications
- Ability to:
- Evaluate interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with colleagues
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
- Write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications
- Analyze NT client/server and micro-computer based software solutions compatibility with company requirements.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference
- Assist personnel of other departments as a resource
- Work will be performed at our office in Langford with a team of ten associates
- Work day hours can start between 8 and 9 am
- We offer competitive compensation, profit sharing, a team oriented and productively focused work environment, career advancement opportunities.
- Good benefits package includes medical, dental and more.
Quote Job Reference: 2503910466