Sandman Hotel Group
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the quality of cleaning and servicing for all guest rooms, and public rooms in the hotel. Their job duties are critical in the effective management of the hotel, as cleanliness is of the highest priority in the hospitality industry. Leadership, problem-solving, and decisiveness are critical for success in this role. This role will report directly to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Fast paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, attention to detail, combination of standing, walking, standing for extended periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on leadership ability
- Positive attitude, pleasant personality, and a strong ability to motivate, train, develop and guide a team
- Knowledge of computers including MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Minimum 3 years housekeeping experience with a minimum of 2 years in a direct supervisory role in hotels
- Knowledge of laundry operations
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department
- Assist in recruiting and retaining a strong service oriented team
- Supervise all housekeeping employees to ensure guests receive the highest standard of cleanliness and service
- Conduct guest room and public area inspections
- Monitor and manage labour efficiencies and all other departmental costs
- Ordering of departmental supplies and conduct monthly linen inventories
- Scheduling for Room Attendants, Public Area cleaners and Laundry staff
- Maintain proper lost and found procedures.
- Assist in training of new team members
- Ensure Sandman Hotels, Inns & Suites policies and procedures are followed
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Early Childhood Educator Assistant