Structural Civil Engineer
O'Connor Sutton Cronin
Dublin - Ireland, International
OCSC?s vision is to provide a one-stop shop service for fully coordinated multidisciplinary engineering design and project management that constantly exceeds our clients? highest expectations. We share our passion for and excellence in engineering design with our clients on a global stage. Our integrated multidisciplinary consulting service is founded on a reputation for award winning design creativity, engineering excellence and the provision of cost effective solutions without compromise or delay. Our people combine global expertise with local knowledge in a professional, friendly, can-do attitude. Our senior management are hands-on engineers and project managers who are always available to our clients to supply practical solutions to the most complex of problems. We provide clients with a single point of contact and a human OCSC experience with a strong focus on long term client relationships.
Imagine working on huge projects in a variety of sectors, including Industrial, Commercial and Public & Private Clients. leasing with clients, contractors and other members of the engineering team to develop your skill set. You will be working as part of a motivated team committed to delivering projects on time and to the highest standards.
We are currently seeking an experienced Design Team Manager to join our Civil Engineering Team. This person will be involved in the direction of multi-disciplinary projects from concept through detailed design and onto construction.
We are an integrated International Multidisciplinary Consultancy with a reputation for excellent client service and focusing on the professional development of our staff. We are at the cutting edge of design with opportunities to work in the largest BIM Level 2 projects in Ireland. With many new and varied opportunities and a very strong pipeline of future work we will be expanding our Civil Engineering Team in 2017 significantly. We will are also looking for engineers who would like to deepen their expertise in the fields of road design, water services design and marine engineering.
This role will involve projects in the following areas roads, site development works, marine works, water infrastructure schemes and largescale industrial facilities for a variety of clients including both public and private sector.
The ideal candidate will have excellent people, technical and delivery skills. These skills will be employed to deliver projects for our varied client base.
The Candidate will be expected to:
- Have minimum of 10 years relevant experience preferably in a design environment
- Lead the technical delivery of civil engineering projects and civil input into multi-disciplinary projects
- Be a Chartered Engineer
- Develop more junior staff by technical training and mentoring
- Be up to date with developments and changes in industry
- Review designs, planning and tenders packages and reports
- Contribute to the bidding process and the winning of future work
- Have a high level of competence in report writing.
- Have good project management experience.
- Be commercially aware and be able to manage a fee
The ideal candidate will in addition to the above have some of the following expertise:
- Experience in the Contract Administration
- Experience and awareness of good business development practices
- Experience of engaging with Clients and building repeat business strong linkages
- The ability to bring multi-disciplinary teams together to deliver schemes exceeding client expectations
- Experience working closely or with Contractors and Client bodies
- Experience working on UK based schemes
- Formal Health and Safety Training (Designer/PSDP)
- Proven track record working with clients
- Leadership skills or at least have the ambition to manage a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE
- A completive salary
- Dedicated CPD route to Chartership and assigned Mentor
- Working closely with senior Staff Managers / Directors
- Opportunity to progress your career within OCSC
- Actively promote external learning with relevant professional bodies (IEI/IStructE)
- Active Sports & Social Clubs
- Flexible working hours
Note: Can do Skype interview.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: