Artech Painting (2006) Corp.
Fort St. John, BC
Artech Painting (2006) Corp. is a leader in contract painting and dry-walling throughout the British Columbia Peace River region. We are currently seeking a skilled painter to join our team.
(NOC – 7294) - Permanent, Full Time
Salary and Benefits: $22.60 an hour. Group medical and dental insurance benefits are available after 3 months employment. Opportunities for overtime, job advancement and training.
Business Address and Work Location: Rd. 257 and Hwy 97 (Alaska Hwy), Fort St. John with travel throughout the British Columbia Peace Region
Requirements: Completion of high school plus 3 years of work experience in the trade.
Reporting to the Crew Leader, our painters work primarily on commercial and residential construction projects and are responsible for applying paint and other finishes to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings and other structures. As the ideal candidate, you are able to carry out commercial and residential jobs. Experience in managing work schedules and prioritizing projects would be an asset. Experience in light carpentry in association with painting duties is an asset. Must be able to communicate in English. The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Read specifications to determine quantities of materials required;
- Prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sandblasting and hydro-blasting; repair cracks and holes in walls; apply sealer;
- Mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture;
- Apply paint or other materials, such as stains, lacquer, enamel, oil, varnish or fire retardant using brushes, rollers or spray equipment;
- Perform light carpentry in preparation for other painting requirements;
- Assemble and erect scaffolding;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle;
- Must be:
- Physically fit and able to carry in excess of 50 pounds;
- A self-motivated team player with a good attitude;
- Punctual, reliable and a possess a highly productive work ethic;
- Eager to learn and able to follow directions