Sr. Finance Manager
Toronto , ON
Align Technology is a global medical device company that pioneered the invisible orthodontics market with the introduction of the Invisalign system in 1999. Today, we develop innovative, technology-rich products such as Invisalign clear aligner treatments and iTero scanners to help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
Job Type: Full-Time
The position of Senior Manager – Finance, Canada is a newly created position that will be responsible for both Finance and Accounting for the Canadian market. This position will serve as the primary Finance business partner to the VP-GM, Canada and the local leadership team, helping to establish the business’ presence in the market and be a key driver of our growth.
Initially, this role will be focused on establishing the basics in terms of sound financial processes and fiduciary controls. Increasingly, however, the Senior Manager will need to add value by facilitating the growth of the business. Over time, balancing both aspects of the role will be the key to success. The Senior Manager will start off as an individual contributor but will build and lead a team (likely in the areas of FP&A, Accounting, and Collections) as the business grows and needs dictate.
The successful candidate will be one who has a demonstrated track record of success in Finance and Accounting within larger organizations and is excited about the prospects of applying those skills and experiences in a high-growth, pseudo-startup environment where building, rather than maintaining, is the focus.
The Senior Manager will divide their focus between core FP&A responsibilities (ranging from budgeting and forecasting processes to financial modeling and business decision support) and Accounting-related activities (ranging from all aspects of the monthly close to managing the relationship with our 3rd party Accounting firm).
The Senior Manager will support local and Corporate management by providing accurate financial information to support their decision making processes. He/she will need to ensure timely and effective monthly budget versus actual reporting and related analysis.
This position requires strong communications skills, flexibility and the ability to interface with various business functions, as well as across Finance. This position reports to the VP – Finance, Americas and matrixed reporting to the VP-GM, Canada and will be a key member of the Canadian leadership team.
Job Description (core responsibilities)
- Adopt a mindset whereby responsible profit (and expense) management and spending for growth are non-mutually exclusive concepts.
- Provide clear insights into drivers of business growth, risks, and opportunities.
- Manage financial planning processes related to the Canadian P&L. Includes the development and review of financial inputs for the Annual Operating Plan and quarterly forecasts and ensuring proper linkages to operating objectives.
- Manage achievement of financial objectives/expectations via:
- Forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensure the consistency and accuracy of month end close and preparation of monthly financial statements; review the monthly close package with Corporate Accounting & Senior Management and provide analysis and insights where needed.
- Prepare and distribute monthly reports and analysis of Actuals (Revenue, Average Selling Price, COGS, and Operating Expenses (incl. commissions) as compared to the operating plan and forecasts. Maintain standard financial metrics, helping business partners set financial benchmark goals as appropriate.
- Actively ensure compliance with local accounting, tax and other requirements. Ensure that Corporate Compliance standards are met and the integrity of the financial statements are unassailable.
- Possess a solid understanding of general accounting concepts and requirements and has the ability to identify accounting issues and assist in their resolution.
- Manage local PO process (in accordance with Corporate policy) and monthly accruals.
- Review and approve account reconciliations.
- Support the implementation of Global Corporate Policies as well as Accounting Treatment changes and US GAAP reporting.
- Preparation and submission of FX analysis & support hedging efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field. CPA or equivalent and/or an MBA are a plus
- 10+ years of relevant experience inclusive of 5+ years of FP&A experience (preferably supporting Commercial Organizations) and 2+ years of Accounting experience (public or corporate)
- Health Care or Consumer Products experience a Plus, multinational company experience a plus
- Ability to prepare and analyze P&L components, with related financial metrics.
- Experience with major ERP systems (preferably SAP) and BI reporting (Business Objects) as well as CRM software (salesforce.com)
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to craft recommendations and present them effectively.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in building models in MS Excel required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: