Material Handler / Driver
We are a global provider of sophisticated integrated plastic tooling solutions for the injection molding industry. From product and mold design to complete systems integration, StackTeck develops injection molds and systems, which provides the most effective and efficient production solutions in the industry.
We are as diverse as the markets we serve which allows us to understand and connect to the needs of our customers around the world. With over 220 employees, there is a sense of pride that comes from building each mold allowing us to continuously improve and innovate on everything we do.
The position of Driver / Material Handler is multi-faceted and necessitates interactions with various StackTeck employees and subcontractors. It will be an integral part in the distribution of components to the shop floor at both facilities, as well as the responsibility of day to day pickup and delivery of goods to/from subcontractors within the GTA. The position will report to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Deliver and pick up parts and components, finished product, and raw materials between our 2 facilities.
- Take delivery instructions from leaders and area managers.
- Move materials between areas and departments throughout the plant using forklift.
- Prepare subcontracted parts for pick up/delivery to subcontractors.
- Co-ordinate subcontracted jobs with purchasing department.
- Perform regular pick-up and delivery of parts from outside subcontractors
- Safely load and unload delivery truck/van using forklift
- Maintain cleanliness of shipping receiving area.
- Support various colleague duties during peak vacation periods.
- Ensure that both general and preventative maintenance measures are performed on the vehicle(s).
- DZ license is a definite asset for position.
- Must provide a clean driver abstract.
- Counterbalance forklift experience with valid license.
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent required.
- Basic Computer skills: Excel and Word is an asset.
- Positive attitude with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a fast paced work environment.
- Team player capable of achieving operational demands with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate directions to internal and external customers
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Bright, clean, air conditioned office and production environment
- Convenient location with quick 407 and 427 highway access and public transit to our door
- Uniform service provided including safety shoes/boots and eye protection
- OT opportunities available after 40 hours
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Educational Assistance Program including training, development and post-secondary education with reimbursement.
- Company matching contributions to retirement savings plan (RSP)
- Comprehensive group benefit plan including medical, dental & life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- A variety of shifts: Day shift 7:30am to 4:00pm (Monday to Friday), Afternoon shift 4:00pm to 2:30am (Monday to Thursday), Weekend Shift 3:30pm to 4:00am (Friday to Sunday). During peak times, over time is added to extend to 24 hour production and meet customer demands.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Stand-Up Forklift Operator