Director of Quality Assurance - Food Manufacturing
- Lead and direct all quality assurance initiatives.
- Provide leadership and assign responsibilities; train, monitor and improve the performance of reporting staff in accordance with Company policies and government regulations.
- Develop and evolve a dynamic strategic plan for manufacturing product quality matters including operations, product enhancements, and new technologies.
- Direct and manage Company's internal quality function, supplier safety and quality practices, visitor protocol, and all related third party support functions. Ensure that all processes related documentation and programs are managed and maintained.
- Partner and collaborate across the groups to build a community of expertise focused on knowledge sharing and capability building.
- Lead, maintain and keep current: packaging and labelling local regulations and applications legislation by country; ingredient information, including monitoring changes in ingredient restrictions, communicating changes, and recording impacts to formulations resulting from restrictions.
- Develop a framework by country for the governance and compliance of potential recalls.
- Lead, and direct all HACCP safety activities related to protect product integrity and promote a positive presence with customers. This includes, but is not limited to HACCP, GMP, and SQF. Enforce adherence to requirements, and advise on needed actions.
- Develop and enhance technical specifications systems related to manufacturing quality safety.
- Provide technical expertise as it relates to creating Company standards regarding ingredients, nutritional, and product attributes.
- Analyze data including customer complaints, customer feedback, finished products, ingredient issues, and product and processing specifications. Ensure corrective actions that drive beverage manufacturing safety and quality improvements, and meet customer concerns and expectations.
- Manage and/or participate in and support plant audits and certifications by governmental, customer, third party groups.
- Work with production management to develop Statistical Process Control programs to insure high quality and maximize yields.
- Collaborate with other members of management in the development of new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Develop, implement and maintain best practices in Quality Processes and reporting across all manufacturing sites, company owned warehouses and 3PL's.
- Provide technical support for quality training in, as well as technical training in areas of HACCP, sanitation, GMP, and pest control.
- Maintain current professional knowledge regarding trends and developments in food quality management, and existing and new government regulations. Enforce adherence to requirements, anticipate compliance issues, and advice operations management on needed actions.
- Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform other comparable and related duties, as assigned.
This position reports to the Vice President, Operations, and has four (4) location QA managers and/or supervisors. Indirect reports include approximately 20 Technicians and/or Master Sanitation Utility Technicians.
Daily interactions within the site QA teams, as well as Commodities, Sales, Production and Warehousing as needed. All levels of management.
Regulatory and governing agencies, suppliers and vendors.
Knowledge & Key Competencies:
- A Bachelor's Degree is required (Food Science, Biology, Chemistry preferred, other related technical degrees considered)
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in food safety and product quality; manufacturing preferred
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with a strong focus on detail and accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a complex, high demand environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to influence and communicate a clear and compelling vision and ensure execution of food safety systems and procedures across all levels of the Company. Ability to interact and communicate effectively within the Company and with regulatory agency personnel and outside vendors.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point).
- Working knowledge of governing regulations, including FSMA.
- Experience with GFSI audits.
- HACCP and SQF certified.
Quote Job Reference: 637858
Supply Chain Director - Food Industry
Director of QA and Food Safety
Customer Development Manager