Mechanical Designer - Injection Molds
We are a global provider of sophisticated integrated plastic tooling solutions for the injection molding industry. From product and mold design to complete systems integration, StackTeck develops injection molds and systems, which provides the most effective and efficient production solutions in the industry.
We are as diverse as the markets we serve which allows us to understand and connect to the needs of our customers around the world. With over 220 employees, there is a sense of pride that comes from building each mold allowing us to continuously improve and innovate on everything we do.
The position of Intermediate Sr Mold Designer is involved in all aspects of mold designing and is an integral member of the Mold Design Team. The role requires interaction with Engineering team members, Purchasing and Manufacturing.
- 3D modeling of mold inserts, mold base components, and hot runner components
- 2D detailing of drawings for mold inserts mold base components, and hot runner components
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of standard and R & D components
- Creation of hot runner assembly drawings
- Creation of mold assembly drawings for custom injection molds
- Responsible for conducting mold design review for feedback and customer approval
- Responding to mold reworks by updating drawings and helping troubleshoot
- Updating of marked up prints as returned by manufacturing
- Filing and maintaining of engineering department records
- Interaction with purchasing/manufacturing/CAM/Shop liaison
- Adhere to StackTeck mold design standards and practices
- College or University related background in Engineering, Sciences, Mechanics
- Extensive experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD software is required (UNIGRAPHICS preferred)
- Injection mold design experience is required (Minimum 3-5 years experience)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Bright, clean, air conditioned office and production environment
- Convenient location with quick 407 and 427 highway access and public transit to our door
- Uniform service provided including safety shoes/boots and eye protection
- OT opportunities available after 40 hours
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Educational Assistance Program including training, development and post-secondary education with reimbursement.
- Company matching contributions to retirement savings plan (RSP)
- Comprehensive group benefit plan including medical, dental & life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- A variety of shifts: Day shift 7:30am to 4:00pm (Monday to Friday), Afternoon shift 4:00pm to 2:30am (Monday to Thursday), Weekend Shift 3:30pm to 4:00am (Friday to Sunday). During peak times, over time is added to extend to 24 hour production and meet customer demands.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Engineering Mold Designer JR
Sr Mechanical Designer - Injection Molding
Injection Mold Designer
Designer - Mold Tooling