E Construction Ltd.
We are one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 500 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are currently looking for a seasonal Equipment Serviceman. This position will be based out of our Edmonton Shop, travelling to various divisions throughout the company.
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Serviceman/woman is responsible for performing routine, periodic service and inspection on the road construction equipment and vehicles at the work site.
The responsibilities of the Serviceman/woman include, but are not limited to:
- Change and service vehicle filters.
- Oil and grease bearings and diesel equipment parts to remove excess asphalt.
- Fuel and service road construction equipment fleet and vehicles at remote and in-town job sites.
- Perform belt adjustments and replacement services.
- Maintain tools, equipment and vehicles as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the availability of tolls and equipment needed to complete routine duties.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the well being of others.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License, with Air Brake endorsement
- 1 to 2 years as an equipment serviceman/woman.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation, controls and components.
- Basic knowledge of mechanics and equipment repair.
- Knowledge of oil types and usages.
- Out of town travel is required.
- Overtime as required.
- Must produce a valid and acceptable driver abstract, prior to operating any company equipment.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Must comply with and pass the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
What's in it for you?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, a comprehensive benefits package including pension plan, educational assistance, as well as excellent opportunities for professional growth.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with us, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: