Senior Purchasing and Inventory Agent - Lumber & Plywood
Harris Leadership Strategies
Buhler Furniture Inc. is a North American manufacturer of quality case goods furniture including occasional tables, entertainment units, and curio cabinets. Since 1933, under the leadership of three generations, the company has expanded from a curio cabinet production focus to a bedroom and office furniture creation facility with a large emphasis in the commercial hotel industry. All products are built to the highest standards and durability using only high-grade solid woods and veneers that are known to exceed customer expectations and satisfaction.
Our client is in search of a Senior Purchasing and Inventory Agent responsible for evaluating, negotiating, and executing all purchasing transactions, with particular emphasis on lumber, plywood, veneers, HPL, fiberboard, and particleboard. Reporting to the President & CEO, the successful candidate will provide superior customer service and leadership as a strong team member in a company with high standards of furnishings.
- Plan, organize, direct, manage and evaluate purchasing activities;
- Develop specifications, terms and conditions for equipment, materials, supplies and/or services to be purchased;
- Identify and select qualified vendors of equipment, materials, supplies and/or services and conduct overall supplier management; maintain vendor relationships;
- Manage the proposal, bidding and negotiation process;
- Analyze and evaluate the best solution and alternatives to supply challenges;
- Coordinate with other departments to plan production;
- Establish and monitor progress of delivery schedules; take corrective action; contact suppliers to resolve problems;
- Accurately and efficiently process receiving and invoicing paperwork;
- Monitor, maintain and compile inventory levels and reporting including: physical inventories of manufacturing and maintenance materials, equipment, and other stock on hand; and
- Provide timely updates and maintenance of raw material pricing, inventory pricing and costing software programs.
- Completed Purchasing Certificate through P.M.A.C., or equivalent education and/or experience required;
- 5+ years purchasing and inventory experience required;
- Independent worker with proven leadership abilities; ability to work effectively with keen attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills, negotiation skills and mathematical skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of products; working knowledge of ERP/Aptean software is an asset; and
- Experienced knowledge of lumber, plywood, veneers, HPL, fiberboard, and particle board, including specifications, species, and use and application in the furniture manufacturing industry and North American suppliers.
Quote Job Reference: 18105