Work within the dynamic and fast-paced Telecommunications sector for a small company providing in-house professional design and implementation services for a large industry-leading client. Join a team that thrives on challenges and providing the best possible solutions for our client. Your primary role will consist of conducting system audits, design estimates, and synthesizing information into detailed documents for network technicians to use during network installation, change implementation, and maintenance activities. On-the-job training will be provided.
- Full-time/ permanent.
- Conduct audits and surveys of physical equipment/wiring for various network systems.
- Create & prepare detailed design documentation and procedures for use by network technicians, including:
- CAD & Visio drawings for CATV, Fiber Optic, and network equipment installation & changes
- Step-by-step procedure documents
- Bill of materials
- Tables and datasheets for specific network elements
- Update RF & Fiber Optic network design databases.
- Update network CAD model with system changes.
- Coordinate with project managers, technical specialists, and co-workers to ensure accurate information transfer with regard to the parameters and requirements of each project.
- Aid in determining the best methodology for implementing design changes with minimal cost and network impact.
- Complete project revisions or documentation changes as necessary.
- Complete projects within a specific time frame while delivering a high quality solution for the client that meets all requirements.
Personal Qualifications & Experience:
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong troubleshooting skills and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work:
- Alone or collaborate with a team
- In a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Experience using AutoCAD (or similar software), MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat are strong assets
- Prior work experience in an electronics, telecommunications, or technical-related field is a strong asset
- Education: High school diploma or higher
- Post-secondary education/certification in a design, electronics, or technical related field is a strong asset
REQUIRED - Candidate MUST have
- Full-time access to a vehicle
- A mobile phone
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and/or qualifications.
Senior Interior Designer
EXPERIENCED JUNIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
Structural Drafter (Junior CAD Operator)