Xemex Contracting Inc.
Expected Start: ASAP
Positions Available: 2
Hours: Full time, 40h/wk
Reports to: Site Supervisor
Wage and Benefits:
Permanent, year-round work, full time
Wages are dependent upon experience ($28+)
Health/dental benefits after 3 month probationary term is met
Training and Development
Please include in the body of your email or on the fax cover sheet the following:
- Certificates held and expiry dates?
- Do you have a valid DL and transportation?
- Do you have your own tools?
- Available start date?
- Wage expectation?
We are a well-established commercial contractor specializing in exterior & interior renovations. We have built long lasting relationships with our clients and we continue to expand by adding new products like our AL13 cladding division. We pride ourselves on our commitment to safety and continued involvement in the COR program through ACSA. We are continually growing our business and seek dynamic individuals to join our team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Blueprints - confidently read and interpret
- Installation of wood / metal doors & frames
- Millwork -installation of cabinetry, etc;
- Framing & Layout
- Drywall and T-bar installation
- Strong understanding and commitment to safety
- Safely operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Set up, move or dismantle scaffolding, aerial work platforms and swing stages
- Load and unload construction materials and move materials to work areas
- Other various duties may be required
This is a mid-level opportunity for an experienced, self-motivated person who thrives in a fast paced environment. You will be able to provide guidance, training & leadership to individuals to help move projects towards completion.
- Experience in commercial construction
- Work unsupervised, lead team
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Ability to work and communicate with others
- Driver’s License & reliable transportation (public transit is not an option)
- Be available to work a combination of days/evenings/weekends
- Be bondable and able to provide a security background check (as needed)
Preference will be given to those applicants who have the following, current certifications:
- Journeyman carpentry ticket
- 5 years’ experience
- Standard First Aid Training
- Leadership training
- Fall Arrest Training
- Elevated/Aerial Work Platform Training
Formwork Carpenters and Labourers
Journeyman Carpenter & Carpenter's Helper