Senior Accountant, USA
Burien, WA USA
On behalf of our client, North Pacific Door Company, a subsidiary of The Clarke Group of Companies, we are searching for a Senior Accountant to join their team located in Burien, Washington. The Clarke Group of Companies manufactures and distributes high end building materials worldwide.
Reporting to the Canadian Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting the month end accounting function for several entities; ensuring timely and accurate reporting while deriving the true meaning of the numbers. This position will be responsible for the daily and weekly reporting for the business, regular forecasting, as well as supporting the administrative function as required.
The ideal candidate must manage and prioritize their time effectively and keep a constant and critical eye on the simplification and improvement of processes. Communication with both finance and operational management is key.
- Preparation and review activities relating to full-cycle accounting and month-end close process;
- Preparation and review of working papers and schedules to support the balance sheet;
- Analysis of financial results and understanding underlying trends and driving factors;
- Provide support to transactional processing teams involved in AR, AP, and Payroll;
- Manage and process payroll and associated functions for certain businesses;
- Respond to ad hoc inquiries and provide information to various finance and operational management groups as required;
- Maintain and update budget and forecasting models for the various businesses inclusive of both cash and income statement forecasts;
- Manage the creation and distribution of regular weekly/daily reporting packages;
- Assist in preparation of schedules and samples for auditors;
- Act as a change leader to help in the implementation and standardization of policies and processes across the businesses;
- Lead and drive various broader finance and business initiatives and perform other related duties as required.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to partner with non-finance business teams to build effective relationships;
- Adaptable with excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Detail oriented and methodical;
- The ability to dive into data to draw meaningful analytics;
- A strong focus on processes with a passion for simplification and improvement;
- Interested in and excited by harnessing technology to create efficiencies;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, specifically pivot tables, vlookups, and sumifs;
- Solid understanding of IFRS and US GAAP;
- The position will be based primarily in the Burien office with regular travel to their Queen Anne sales office and occasionally to their Winlock facility;
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Professional accounting designation preferred;
- Three (3) or more years of progressive accounting related experience;
- Construction industry experience an asset;
- Project related experience an asset;
- Manufacturing related experience an asset.
This role will also appeal to an individual who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and understand what drives the business. You will be a self-starter, energetic, show initiative and have demonstrated your ability as a professional willing to commit to the team and values of the organization.