Global Storm IT Corporation
This role is to support and maintain client and in-house computer systems, servers, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal server/workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide training and assistance where required. Global Storm is primarily a service support company and gives guaranteed quality of service and response times to its corporate client base.
- engage your unique talents and perspectives
- welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better
- support you all the way in your efforts to achieve, learn and grow
- give you the tools, training and support you need to connect with new and current customers
- motive your success
This role may be for you if you…
- believe in the power of relationships
- enjoy the rewards, support and recognition
- are client-facing and know how to develop relationships with your clients
- are self-motivated
- like working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
In a typical week, you might….
- Work with the Global Storm team, as well as the end users, to identify and deliver required services.
- ·Develop strong relationships with clients and collaborate
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot client server hardware and software.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex server problems for a variety of clients, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including on-site and/or off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, tickets, and/or e-mails regarding server-related problems.
- Develop and maintain client-specific inventories of server hardware and software.
- Monitor and test server performance, and provide statistics and reports.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring server performance.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Conduct research on computer products in support of server procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware and software products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of servers, networking hardware, and related products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform server hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware needs.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with said plans.
- Maintain and document assigned tasks within our ticketing system.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users on server administrative tasks.
We are looking for…
- Minimum 1 years of IT-related work experience.
- 2012 or 2016 MS Windows Server certification (MCSE: Server Infrastructure).
- Valid driver’s license – usable within NT.
- Bondable – must get current Criminal Records Check.
Nice points to have…
- CompTIA A+ certification.
- College diploma, university degree, or equivalent certifications in the field of computer science.
- Current networking certification; Network+, CCNA, or equivalent.
- LabTech IT automation certification and/or experience.
- MS Exchange certification and/or experience.
- SQL Server certification and/or experience.
- Network security certification and/or experience.
- Extensive technical knowledge of server, network, and workstation hardware.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to:
- Operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Your work Conditions will be…
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Annual salary from $60,000-$65,000 a year
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate various computer equipment and tools.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, peripherals, and UPSs.
- Travel; including to remote areas and small communities with limited facilities.
And of course…
Global Storm is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Global Storm believes that diversity leads to strength.